New! From Nouveau Mediterrain! (central victoria)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by roger59, Jul 2, 2013.

1. roger59

roger59 Member

(edited version)
    HI,
    wow, i finally made it, it has been an absolute nuthouse 'round here!
    this morn; i dinged up the scube (English= "I severely smashed/wrote off the Subaru"), my coin got looted (English= "My finances disappeared in the ether") and well, that's enough for now- hey?

BUUUUUUUT!!!
    I have been a truly busy lad, In between abject poverty and dodging the coppers, who have been kind enough to allow me to sequester a mere gorilla from the kick, this month... I HAVE MADE LOADS, AND LOADS OF SLINGSHOTS!!!

i used some of the designs from this forum, and kept meself busy.

I have found that collecting naturals is the best way to make truly strong, unique and light slingshots, as i started off with a few board cuts, then tried a natural or two and got hooked.

as cash is a concern for now, you will notice that most of the pieces have "lucker's" as the power units, with the exception of one. i got some speargun rubber from the rubber joint way before i started my proper research, though powerful, i think i would like more the Theraband, although Gold is unobtainable at my local, silver, black and blue, are... and as cheap as ebay (without the postage fee).

there are two steelies in the mix, both welded with my trusty "Miller Thunderbolt 225" arc welding machine with excellent results.

I am not totally stoked with the "straightness" of the Rheo-bar "W-Frame", but bugger me silly, it shoots like a rifle, 50% better than ANYTHING else i have pulled on.

The shanghai/budokan made from steel and Acacia, is solid and shoots ok. a bit heavy, but can be banded with anything, for any power, by a complete twitsy within a few seconds... but then having said that, i have been wrong before...

the two "hammerheads" were a complete revelation, one is from a natural fork, called stringy bark (a eucalyptus sub. sp.) and the other, wait for it... BLACK WALNUT!, wow! it blew me away, dad gave me a bit of timber from work saying, "here, found it in the bin, can we burn it?" my reply- "ta, i make that into something..." i have a "hammerhead" and a "ram's bone" to finish off, could be a while... will keep ya posted.

the "rams bone" with the black speargun rubber bands is another stringy bark natural.

two acacia naturals, with "ergo" grips, shoot awesome, and have a nice feel.

a mini, from stringy bark again,

and a "fish donger", made by hand for a taxi driver for those late night fishing trips, where the "barracuda" is present.

every Shangai is treated in beeswax, some are oiled first, but then everything gets the beeswax treatment! heat gun, beeswax, more beeswax, and wiped with a cloth... seems to work.

please enjoy photos, soon to follow, wont be long.

Bye for now!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  2. roger59

roger59 Member

it seems i posted the stringybark hammerhead twice and neglected photos of the fine black walnut hammerhead... here are some more silver nitrate plates! (ye olde word for photograph)

Attached Files:

3. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Some lovely slingshots you have there. Any reason why most have chained elastics bands on them or is it just something you prefer?

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice! great production! I like specially the steel ones...just have this weakness por recycling stuff and apocalyptic look!
    I still have some difficulty to understand the way tou talk, but is sounds very funny!
    Great job!

5. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Mmh, mummy style.

Heavy attached rubberbands.

6. roger59

roger59 Member

no dramas, mate!
    glad it can put a smile on ya dial!

aussie lingo takes a bit of getting used to, it is just a dialect (or derelict) of English much like cockney, Boston, Yankee or Irish slang.

As for chaining the "luckers" as i call them (or rubbers or office bands as they may be otherwise known) i may have mentioned, but here i go again, i am using this type of rubber power at the moment, to save money (well, really i am piss poor...) before i fork out (pay for) a set of theraband sheets in a few different colours.

thanks for your comments guys! wish i could relay in the queens English a little better but my Irish, Welsh, Scottish and Pommy brothers can better understand the syntax of the Australian lexicon better than a non native speaker, i promise i will brush up on my latin, and german, in the coming months.
    Bye for now!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  7. roger59

roger59 Member

...oh and none of these items have been idle, all including the "fish donger" have been thoroughly tested, to the point of me having to replace the rubbers on three of these slingshots. i have been blasting marbles, and .38 cal (about 9mm) lead balls for the most part at glass bottles and tin cans, but i have used the 1OZ or 19mm lead balls with the "hammerhead"'s, and the "ram's bone"
    BYE FOR NOW~

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Sounds like a real run of bad luck! Damn sorry to hear about the car, hope you didn't ding yourself up as well!
    You have really turned out some great Shanghais! That black walnut piece is a real treasure! I've always liked the grain in eucalyptus also, I need to build from that one day. Great job, and I hope that things work out better for you in the future.

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

I think that are some really nice slingys you've made there! Fantastic work, really [​IMG]

10. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Great creations--hope the breezes of fate turn more to your favor.

11. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

Love this modern art, chained luckers and mummy style.
    Could earn much money in internet or arts gallery.

12. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

very nice ones!!

13. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

No worries! I caught almost all of it without the subtitles. As fer fortune in te dunny? It's all rain today, mud tomorrow an' sometime bright. Just yer turn Yeah?

14. toe2thaknee

toe2thaknee Shot Slinger

wow that is some beautiful wood you used. very nice

15. Otees

Otees Another Member

Could understand it fine. Another Aussie!