New Crossbow

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by beaverIII73, Dec 24, 2013.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

First happy holidays to all, I hope everyone is safe and well this holiday season. I made a X-bow for my son for Christmas but is a lil too strong lol. It shoots good,.... too good. I destroyed 4 out of the 8 bolts I got. So I guess ill have to tune it down and I still have to make a sight and finish it. Ill post a few pics when I finish it. Happy holidays and stay safe.

Attached Files:

2. Tubes

Tubes weird kid in the corner

that is really cool. I like how you putt the bands way at the back for a heavier draweight.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Very cool I was just asking joerg what he thought about making a Reverse Energy Bow, and now there's an REB xbow. I'm working on a regular REB bow, among lots of other things, but I'd be ecstatic if my bow works out half as well as that one!
    I hope you'll post some blueprints, I have 36 of those bolts and nothing to shoot them with

4. beaverIII73

I saw your post to Joerg but I had already started this one. But I am interested in making a REB. This one is giving me trouble firing. I have to fine tun the trigger to allow the bolt to knock better. Ill post a pic of trigger assembly next time i take it apart. Oh and I rerouted the bow string which did improve the accuracy.

5. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Actually I gave up on my REB today, I don't have any decent bow making wood so I was trying a pvc bow. Shaping multiple identical limbs on a pvc bow is too difficult, not to mention frustrating, for someone with my ADD. If you want I'll post my "blueprints", if you can even call them that. They're not the most practical and you'll probably end up with something much better, but maybe you'll find something you like, pm me if you're interested

6. scoutboys

scoutboys New Member

Hi there, I want to make one of these. Any chance of a photo of the trigger set up please?

Regards

Mark

7. MarbleShooter

MarbleShooter New Member

That is one wicked design. Rather than tuning down the power of the bow, why not get less flimsy bolts? I can't imagine those are made very well anyway. Aren't they for the pistol crossbows? Unless you're worried about safety, then by all means. :)

The design is very inspiring. Makes me want to build one.

8. beaverIII73

Well here is the final set up on my son's crossbow. The straighter pull on band made for a more accurate shot. I also shortened a couple of arrows to fit the small crossbow. I've included some pics of the trigger assembly. The metal part is several 1/4" finder washer epoxied and pined together. Sorry it took so long to post this. hope you all like it.

Attached Files:

9. weaponater

weaponater New Member

the is similar to a vector thats awesome

10. RegulusRubber

RegulusRubber Junior Member

A very interesting design. When I saw the second pictures I thought by myself if it also could work when using only the inner wheels. It could make it more compact. I have tryed to make a picture of it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  11. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Looks fantastic, as your stuff always does beav. I've been working on a similar design ever since you posted your original version of this one, except a mini version.
    First few attempts didn't go so well I have trouble drilling straight with a hand-drill. Got a drill press now just need more wood

12. beaverIII73

I had originally though of doing it that way but it pinch my fingers to much. So i changed it to a wide angle make the draw much easier. It has 6 bands per side so every bit helps.

13. beaverIII73

Gratz on the drill press I finally got one for myself for Christmas :D and I love it. hole to see what you come up with.

14. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Cool x-bow!! I like the reversed system, i've worked on something similar but the forces were too big and the pullys snapped off

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

15. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

16. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

So beav, how bout those blueprints?:D

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

That is awesome. I love how creative the members of this forum are.

18. Chardante

Chardante Member

Good looking crossbow! I really like the placement of your red dot sight!