The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

i´ve build this rough test for a concept i had in mind for a while.. don´t know if it´s original, or if anybody tried this before.. if so or not, please let me know.. :)

..i call it "the elk (with sunglasses on)" for slightly obvious reasons..
..maybe i make a red-nosed rudolph from it for christmas :p

..it´s a "grip-through-shooter", as i would call it..
..you slip your fingers trough and point your fist into a punching position which lowers the strain on your wrist and gives you some more centimeters of draw-length..

..think it´s more for people who already shoot pfs or stickshooters, so you know how to avoid handslaps..

!!! This could easily break your hand if done wrong, so please be careful.. always turn your pouch and you are good to go..!!!
I´m not responsible for holes in your hands :D !!!

__pro:
- extended band length
- natural fist position
- fingers free to load the pouch
- looks like an elk :D

__contra:
- might break your handbones :rolleyes:
- looks like an elk :D

..don´t know which side overweighs, but worth a try :p

_palm-side

_finger holes

_side view

_grip

_and how to hold this mule..

..for sure, you can add a leather or wooden shelter to put over the hand..
..but till now my hands are fine, although i´m not that experienced with pfs and stuff.. you have 1-2cm above your knuckles which seems enough..
(and i really care for my hands as i need them daily for working as a tattooer :D )

..it´s not fully worked out, the thumb rest could be wider, the forkbumps could be higher, the surface should sparkle like unicornpoop.. the shape has some weaking points for sure, but i build this for single bands as a target shooter, not for killing real elks with three layers of TBG :D

..so thats why i publish the blueprints for you to figure out what could be improved.. would be überfunky if somebody tries to build this, too :D

__Blueprint:
View attachment theslingshotforum_the_elk_by_fabi.pdf

..i´m really curious what you gonna say :D

cheers,
fabi

Attachments

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
Very nice design! I bet this model would support very heavy bands too. Great job!

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Bummer - I couldn't access the photos on Dropbox either... Still can't see what this concept is.

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..meeh, don´t know why this happens..
..maybe you have access to a regular pc, not the handy app?

cheers

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Yep, I'm on a regular PC - and that's the first time I can't access a Dropbox account - we use it for work ourselves, so it's strange I couldn't get in there.

·
1,105 Posts
Scriptblocker?

·
Builds with scrap
692 Posts

·
Administrator
10,882 Posts
Nice concept and shooter. No matter how good I was, I would still worry about taking out my hand.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Adobe reader shows it great. Very interesting concept but I don't think I'm brave enough to try it lol

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
..thanks Guys..

..hope, the picture-issue is solved, thanks mvd!
..otherwise, it works for me, when i open the app via HandyBrowser and not in the app..

Cheers,
Guys

·
Banned
3,613 Posts
Looks good but I'd want a glove and weak bands the first time. Bet it could take some brutal bands.

·
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
..me, too :D
..shot it with peas for the first times, now i switched to single TBG and after 3 days of shooting i have to say, it feels great in the hand and i hit good on acceptable distances..

..question to the experienced guys here: is this a new concept, or already known? I find nothing similiar on the web, and maybe I finally had at least one good idea :D

Cheers & nice weekend to all

·
Thread Hijacker
3,375 Posts
..question to the experienced guys here: is this a new concept, or already known? I find nothing similiar on the web, and maybe I finally had at least one good idea :D

Cheers & nice weekend to all
I have not seen anything quite like it, personally. As far as I am concerned, it is a completely new design. The idea is reminiscent of a gloveshot design, but that is a remote connection really.
I do think it would take a good-sized set of 'plums' to shoot this with heavy bands and large ammo though:eek:

·
Dysfunctional Member
669 Posts
That is interesting and original design. Looks scary to shoot, but i think if you hold it like on the picture and dont let the wrist rise even if it will hit your hand it will be a glancing blow.
Good job.

·
Slingshots FTW
631 Posts
Great design seems like it can hold strong bands. It looks a bit scary to shoot when the ball is going about 1/2" over your hand its quite scary

1 - 20 of 26 Posts