The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Theraband Gold is running out (less than 1 meter left), and I am looking to refresh my storage. However, it would be nice to also try out TheraBand Black and dankung 2040 tubes.

The cheapest site I found only sells in 5,5 meter lengths, meaning full rolls.
I really don't need 5,5 meter of TheraBand Gold at the moment, because it wil probably rot before I've used it all. The Theraband Black is not to expensive at ~20 Euros for a full roll. I need to know if you think that it is worth getting some, and whether or not I should try dankung tubes! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I like the black I double it, I also like the silver a lot, I have a sling with silver and black, just a freaky thing, ended up with some pieces and an unused frame, not sure if it is a great idea.

·
Premium Member
3,609 Posts
I don't shoot tubes ... TBG are the best for almost all situations, 0.03" Latex is good but lasts a bit less, the TBB is also good but require a good release to be consistent, I use TBB single in butterfly 3.0cm x 2.0 cm with 10.3mm steel but for shorter draws and heavier ammo maybe you will need doubles ...
Arturo

·
Premium Member
3,097 Posts
Dankung tubes are work great! 2040s are okay, but you have to loop/pseudo taper them for anything above 3/8" steel, or 5/8" marbles. 1842s are a great compromise between 2040s and 1745s.
All of which are very convenient/durable, and I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy between tubes versus flats.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
I'm a big fan of TBG and .030 latex for tubes. Some friends of mine are starting to try the PX90 bands. They say it is a little thicker than TBG and has about the same draw weight.

As for tubes: 1632 single is great for BBs up to 1/4" as singles. In looped tubes it can go up to 3/8" steel. Dankung 2040 singles is great for 5/16" steel and marbles. Doubled or looped will send 7/16 down range with authority. 1745 single is great for 3/8" steel.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. Guess I should also mention that I want to be able to shoot small ammo really fast. That is why TBG is not the best

·
Im from Holland, isnt that weird?
6,001 Posts
I've seen crazy fast shots with blue and black theraband, but the bands only lasted a very short while. That said, those bands were cut crazy as well with a steep taper, etc.

I've got no experience with either of the TBB's, so I guess I can't help you any further with that.

I do like the dankung tubes though, definately worth a try in my opinion!

·
2,944 Posts
Looped dankung tubes (1745)

Pros:
1. No band slap (dankung frame)
2. No accurate rotary cutting required
3. Plenty of notice before they snap: you will see holes appear.
4. Can take a fair bit of misuse and abuse.
5. Likely to last a lot of daily use.
6. Easy to cut to length.
7. 1.38 billion Chinese can't be wrong. (That's not to be taken seriously).
Cons:
1. High draw to power ratio. ie a beggar to draw for less power
2. Intuitive shooting a strength. I'm not intuitive.
3. Lobs heavy ammo better than light.
4. Needs a strong pouch or you will be left holding the ammo while the tubes hit the target.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Which Dankung tube size would you say is the most versatile? I mean if I am getting a couple meters of it it would be nice to be able to shoot both really small BBs and normal sized marbles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts