Nature friendly ammo

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Longwei2012, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

Haha. I was trying foods to shoot in the livingroom, i missed and hit the closetdoor. Too bad i washed the wall. These small cookie types made awesome splashes. ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1389486465.478593.jpg liquorice, winegums and dried fruit didn't splash/smudge, but i can't find half if them. Luckily my son is an effective human vaccuumcleaner for candy.
    Then i also tried peppermints, coughing candy, bonbons, hard marshmallow and olives.
    I'm trying to lose weight and this seemed like an effective use of foods i shouldn't have

epr64 likes this.
  2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

hahahaha ofcourse kruidnoten(funny to type a dutch word in an english forum haha) would make great ammo haha. have you thought about glueing(or attaching them otherwise) two so they make some kind of ball?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

3. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Im with unbaked clay balls. If you want to get fancy add some plant material (smash some stalks with somethin to divide the fibers) and you have cob. If youre bored you can polish dirt balls to stone finish, saw it on mythbusters.
    Dirt is free, healthy for u and nature, and you can add some seeds into the balls to make seed pellets xD

Edit: just realised Ussop from One piece uses seed pellets xD

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  4. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

Yeah, i don't know what kruid/pepernoten are called in english, so i just added a foto. I had no trouble shooting them as they are, but glueing them with nutella or fluff should make nice effects on the wall XD

5. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

dried beans? canned chickpeas/garbanzos?

6. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

chickpeas are a good idea

7. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

8. walkslo

walkslo Member

did anyone mention cement balls a bit light, but would still work if you can shoot peas:rolleyes:

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Yeah, I've looked all over Ebay, no luck. Maybe there is something in the ingredients of the powder that make them unable to be imported to the US. I'll just have to keep looking :)

10. Longwei2012

Longwei2012 New Member

Perhaps adjust your search or try browsing the non us ebay sites. At first when i tried looking for tactonite pellets, in europe no results. Then i put just tactonite and us sellers and they came up.

I found the powderballs, i will edit asap with more links to them.
    ------
    Ok so i tried different searches and all i could find were some ads selling the balls by only a few pcs. for way too much money.
    The seller in jeorg's link only sends to europe.
    I'll keep looking though.
    -------
    So far when i use ebay.nl i found 7 ads, the cheapest was 500 pcs. cal.43 for €29,09 incl. shipment to the netherlands, also yellow/pink.
    If you want i can buy them and i sell you half after i receive them or we can make a trade for something like bands.
    -------
    I also saw pepper-filled powderballs, to ward of agressive animals... Too bad those are so expensive, about €42,- for only 10 pcs.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  11. Mg

Mg mgf

What size balls?

Ideas on biodegradable, spherical ammo dense enough to hunt squirrel, rabbits....?

QUOTE=Lacumo;252186]When shooting outdoors---lead is toxic, marbles leave nasty broken glass shards (that last forever) if they break, plastic will be wherever you leave it nearly forever... Of all the possibilities, I guess steel is the most eco-responsible, but speaking for myself---I like to get more than one use out of each BB. I think the real answer is a portable catch-box, because then you can shoot almost anything.[/QUOTE]

12. Nature friendly ammo you say, what about stones. That's as nature friendly as you could probably get

13. JimRhodo

JimRhodo Junior Member

Ha ha ha!

Nature friendly

Ha ha ha!

Kill squirrels.

Ha ha ha

I think you can try a bit more friendly than crushing the temple of a tree squirrel with a view to a swift death and a slow pan fry.

Ha ha ha.

14. Brian Cuyle

Brian Cuyle Member

soybeans too, they are a bit small but good zing!

15. Bundaboy

Bundaboy New Member

Ok, I realise this is an old post, but can someone help me out with this? When I google "powder balls" all I get is ads for powder to put on your nether regions LOL. If I google paint balls they are a spherical gelatin capsules - hopeless for slingshots - what am I missing here?