Natural - Tall fork

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Triumphd, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Triumphd

Triumphd Junior Member

Slingshot was made from a branch off an old-growth cedar tree. I carved most of the slingshot with a knife, but finished it with an orbital sander. The tubular band set is made by TruMark, and they are the heavy pull bands. This is one of the first slingshots I ever made.

Attached Files:

2. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Nice and welcome to SSC! What exactly are the carved images? Hard time making them out as I'm only on a phone but cool and you never forget your first so it's sentimental for sure with initials and your other work!

3. Triumphd

Triumphd Junior Member

I tried to do a totem pole design on the slingshot. From top to bottom eagle, wolf, and bear.

4. Triumphd

Triumphd Junior Member

Also, the image was taken from an old phone that doesn't do very high quality photos :p

5. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Looks good, nice work! I like the Totem-pole design! :)

6. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice work on that slingshot. Sounds like you would like the work of our own Ruthiexxxx - she does carving too and is quite accomplished. This type of design would be right up her alley. You might try searching for some of her work to take a look for yourself.

7. Triumphd

Triumphd Junior Member

Thank you for your compliments, and yes I will have to check out her work. It gets very tedious when trying to make a design in the wood. With me I have to slowly make the design with dots and continue to push the knife deeper into the wood as I trace the design. I have to commend those that take the time to do such intricate designs, it takes a long time and a steady hand.

8. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Wow, what a monster! I like this "shaman"wand look! Is it the bark?

9. Triumphd

Triumphd Junior Member

It was a fork that I found after de-limbing/pruning an old cedar tree. To get the bark like texture / darkened wood. What I did was rubbed the stain in with a rag. Not the best way to do it, but it gives it a rugged appearance. I know it was a bit late to respond, Just getting back into the swing of things.

10. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

2 years? I'll say! Just a bit late. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing your posts, Triumphd.

11. slingshot_lover

slingshot_lover New Member

He was shooting with his slingshots for these to years ;) Haha

12. resortera

resortera Senior Member