natty #11... Whompa (Madrona tree)... plus some natural forks trade offer

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by uberfreak9, Apr 28, 2015.

1. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

The freaky looking Madrona tree grows in the Pacific Northwest but it isn't used much for woodworking because of its tendency to crack as it dries... I recently discovered a grove of them in a nearby park where I harvested some forks from fallen trees... the wood smells like watermelon when cut and has a nice pinkish coloration so I wanted to make a slingshot out of one despite the crackiness... this one here is probably the most massive grip one can find on a slingshot but I have a tendency to like chunky designs plus I wanted to keep that line of dark spalting in the wood... maybe almost too thick to be practical but I have not banded it up yet... meet WHOMPA!

Furthermore, I am thinking that some others here would like to try their design hand with a Madrona fork so I'm offering a trade the five chunky natural forks below (left to right: madrona, madrona, quaking aspen, poplar, mystery birch?) to anyone who might want to... send me a PM! NOTE!!!! THEY ARE NOW SPOKEN FOR! Happy trails! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015

2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

3. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

4. TatManDan85

TatManDan85 Active Member

5. Axel

Axel Member

Sex bomb right there

6. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

[​IMG]

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Dayum, you make some beautiful monster naturals.

8. seppman

seppman Folding-Ladder Expert

Very nice! You seem to really like the big butts! :)

9. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Big butts are in, haven't you been keeping up with the Kardashians? :D

10. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

Great work, uberf. Really like that. 'Nuther great name, too!

11. seppman

Who what where? (After I googled:)The patriarch in my household (that's me in this case) has forbidden all television shows that renders you being less intelligent than before the show. So mainly all that runs are documentaries, news and maybe Game of thrones. Just for learning how to get a head to explode with only using two thumbs, of course! :)

12. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Dude, that sounds like some pretty draconian house rules you got going there... who doesn't want a giant ass and a set of fake boobs in their face? :D I have enjoyed some fairly irreverent comedy in my time and I usually LOL at fart and poop jokes I'm almost embarrassed to say... I also love GOT but Hannibal (the TV series about the Silence Of The Lambs psycho) is the best show I've seen in a while... no exploding heads but pretty amazing storytelling.

13. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Massive indeed! Nice work on very interesting wood!

kind regards,

Be

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
  14. seppman

Hehe... not at all. My household is chaos. I just can't stand those scripted and absolut crap shows where a fat and dumb farmer is trying to find a wife, naked dating shows, long forgotten ex-starlets sitting in a jungle eating bugs, mentally disturbed buttheads locked up in a container for months or fat and ugly 12 year olds trying to be the next super talent that you can't listen to without your toe-nails roll up, just because their parents really believe they are the next big superstar. I will protect my son from that aslong as I can and plug as many information into his head, until he is wise enough to not want to see it. :)
    Nothing against some nice entertainment to relax a bit and have a good lough. But as I said, no shows that are brain cell eaters! :)

15. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

I have abused my brain so much I'm surprised it still works as well as it does... :D Seriously, as long as he doesn't end up being a selfish prick when he moves out of the nest then you qualify as a good parent. :)

16. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

Dude, you'd absolutely die here then. Japanese TV is some of the worst stuff I've ever seen. With a very few exceptions, TV here is mindless, utterly mindless.

As a result, I'm an internet junkie now.

17. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

Dude, I never understood the Pokemon phenomena... just didn't compute within the old noggin'

18. Jeb

Jeb Baba Hunter

I hear you brother! You think it's bad in English? Pokemon is even worse in Japanese. 20 minutes of nothing but screaming, interspersed with loud gibberish.

Takeshi: "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! DO YOU WANT SUGAR IN YOUR TEA, PICACHU!!!!!!!?"

Picachu: "PIKAPIKA!!!"

Yuck!