Mystical times.....

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by flicks, Dec 25, 2013.

1. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

On christmas I got a package from BV. What I found inside stopped my heartbeat for a second!

THE SHAMAN - a fork, made of guave. He shaped this without any template - just by inspiration. It fits my hand perfectly! The lanyard is made of sisal with a shell and (I think) seed woven in.
    The character is awesome - Shaman is a very appropriate name for that piece of art. It seems to be carved on full moon by a viking druid, marbeling mystical words whilst virgins are dancing around the holy trees.

I tried to take some decent pictures. We have stormy weather here in Germany, maybe the right setting for this shooter....

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Raul, I can't thank you enough for this awesome shooter. The Shaman will be treasured and will have always a very special place in my collection!
    Thanks as well for the Peroba oil, the "Magical Rubber" and the nice gift for my wife :)

Take care my friend and a Merry Christmas to all of you!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

The right setting for this great slingshot and a good chance to find some forks:)

3. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

My dear friends,

I love to see this SHAMAN,
    knowing you both are happy!
    (like I would be..)

:)

Be

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Amazing pictures, Flicks! I'm glad you like it! It was difficult building a sling for a professional slingmaker like you, and took me some time until I figure out how should I start.
    but I'm happy with the result! Enjoy!

5. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Amazing SHAMAN from BV ! Hey Flicks the lanyard is a magical shooting amulet, shaman's recommend to do the rite dance around a pot with burning "maconha" to unleash the powers ;)
    cheers

6. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Thanks! There are indeed a lot of forks. Next time I will visit this place with the folding saw ;)

I'm VERY happy Be! This one has it's very own character. Never seen something like the Shaman before!

Thank you my friend! I am honest - what is not to like on the Shaman? That is a piece of art and a proof of amazing craftmanship and great carving skills. You made it without a template, just by inspiration. That is the upper level of the carving league!
    Oh, and I am NOT a professional slingmaker. From time to time I glue some wood together and by coincidence it looks somehow like a slingshot, but thank you very much!
    I supposed that the lanyard is somehow magical. Thanks for confirmation! The dance around the pot with burning "maconha" sound interesting![​IMG] I think I will combine the rite with the dancing virgins - just to be on the safe side, my friend! :)

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

That thing is Supercharged! Wonderful touches on every curve and the lanyard just sets it off! Great job BV and you Flicks, now have "The Shaman" to combine the powers of all the awesome pieces that you have magically created in the past!

8. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Great looking slinger and great photos, what a combination!

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is incredible work BV! Love this design and just the over all look is excellent!
    Shoot it proudly Flicks!

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

BV shows his ss making talents yet again. Ya know, often surgeon thing doesn't work out for you...