My very first

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by knaeckebrot, Sep 22, 2013.

1. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

Hello, I am new here.

I want so present my very first slingshot.

Since own only a few tools which aren't very professional, it is not perfect. But I like it.

The main body is made from pine-wood. I added a little piece of pock wood on the bottom. I sanded it until it felt nice and smooth to me and added two coats of linseed oil.

Enough talking, here is a picture:

Attached Files:

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

welcome! nice slingie!

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo! Seems that you don't waste time! Seems a very nice one. First? Amazing!

4. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

It looks like it fits a hand very nicely.

The pine in my area is very soft, so I always test my slingshots and try to break them before I try to shoot them.
    Your pine looks like it has tighter grain than ours, though.

Nice work, and welcome to the forum.

5. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Very nice first sling! Welcome to the SSC forum!

6. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

Thank you!
    It is my first slingshot, but not my first woodwork, so I have experience. Though my works are always a little rough or not perfect in lack of professional tools. :)

It's a very soft wood indeed. You can make some cuts with your fingernail with it. But I wanted to work on a slingshot immediately and this was the only suitable piece of wood i had. The slingshot is relatively thick and since I will shoot with little 7mm steelballs (i have to chance from two layers theraband two one) I think I won't cause too much damage to the wood.

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Welcome to the loony bin! just so you know, you can save money by using 1 strip of tbg, 2 is excessive for 7mm. example, my "marble cutter" has 1 strip of tbg thats around 2cmx25cm, using 3/8 steel it will shred cans all day long without shredding my shoulder or nerve damaged wrist and at the same time save 50% on bands. dont worry about tools for the pro look, just sand till you hate the guy that invented sandpaper then sand till you want to puke. look at antraxx's work, he uses no power tools. Main thing is enjoy this goofy place and it's wacky citizens.
    cheers.

8. knaeckebrot

knaeckebrot New Member

antraxx's work is awsome. I think my next slingshots will become a little more precise. This one I have drawn on the wood using only my eyes as a measuring tool. For my next attempt I will use a blueprint and even plywood as a core.

The thing with the rubber bands: I cut the bands very randomly thinking "the more, the better". Afterwards I read a lot about the proportion between weight of the ammunition and rubber-strenght and additionaly I have found the thera-band calculatur.
    I will change the bands of my actual slingshot.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very nice, especially for your first one.

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice first one!! Nice job sir !!