My slingshot picture!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by thehornedal, Aug 7, 2013.

1. thehornedal

thehornedal Junior Member

What do you think!

Attached Files:

2. sonnyboy204

sonnyboy204 Target Misser

A bit 2 dimensional, but a nice effort!

3. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

too much dimensions would not be practical for avatar pic. :D

i like it! [​IMG]

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Nice job, I like the addition of the tools in the drawing!

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Drawing on the computer is not easy! I like the simplicity and originality idea of using our routine as slingshot makers on this , and I like even more your good will and not shame to show it to us!
    I draw since i'm 4 years old. I'm not a pro, not even close to it! but I have evolved a lot only through persistance. Keep it up, making better each time!

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

^+1^

Nice yeah on the iPad it's even worse cause the sensors are complete poop XD and fingers are to fat normally :(

J

7. thehornedal

8. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice! It's hard to draw on computers...

9. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I like it. Reminds me of the drawing style on the old comedy central show Dr. Katz professional therapist:).

10. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It looks like my stuff. I like it simple and to the point.

11. thehornedal

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice mate!!! Sure you could do better with a program like "CorelDraw" for exemple... There are so many progs you could use instead of the basics. " The Gimp" is a good one and.... it' s free and full of tutorials on YT. "SumoPaint" is good too and online prog.
    When it is about drawing i have to admit.... i suxx!!
    Great job mate

13. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

:) Hi mate!

tokSick is right!

CDR and Gimp are great softs for illustrating and drawing. If you go for painting I suggest you Corel Paint or Manga Studio those are much more sensitive than Photoshop for example. For digital drawing it's a needful thing a Wacom tablet, if you have plans for the future I suggest try out a Bamboo. With mouse it's almost impossible to draw nicely on the screen. But enough of IT talk :)

You can develop drawing skills but what I really do like is the fine choice of tools and the information what you pushed through. Totally clear and you also chosen right proportions. Sometimes even professionals miss this. When I watch your avatar sized image it's working too, not just the big one.

Only suggestion for the composition: these items could be larger. Same orientation and layout, just make each a bit bigger. It will be better for a smaller image like an avatar. If I were you I'd erase that slingshots title above. Its eats up space and as an avatar the size is almost the same as your name, that's visually confusing.

Just go a head mate :)

Bests, Tremo

14. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

would you only suggest a wacom tablet or are there any other (cheaper :D) brands also acceptable? or would i just have nothing but troubles with them?

+1

and/or maybe putting the items closer together (removing space between them) would make the items larger on the avatar pic.