My slingbows

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by tpenttil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. tpenttil

tpenttil New Member

Hi,

This is my first post on the forum but I have been reading for a long time. I have just made my first slingbows. You can see them in the images below. The first one is the smallest and the first that really worked. All of these are just prototypes and not finished. I use black theratube on all of these. Second one I made with the Jörg's plans and at the moment it has more speed than others. It is not so comfortable to shoot and I think those thera tube arrow quides are destroying the fletches. Maybe I will build a bigger one next.

I have been able to shoot the smallest one with carbon arrow 44 m/s its about 144fps. Zombie slingbow did 57 m/s and its about 187fps. Speed has gone up but I want more :D I also did one version of Jörg's 120lb bow but it did Shoot the arrows strangely up? I have never shooted with a "real" bow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  2. Great and nice work!

A littlebit sanding at glue positions!

Great and nice slingbows!

Do you oil or finish it with polyurethane liquid?

Joe

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice concepts! Great job!

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

very nice!

if you want more speed/power try pseudo-tapering the tubes.

5. tpenttil

tpenttil New Member

These are just test versions and I'm not going to sand them any better. When I'm happy with the design I think I will use oil or paint.

Do I use different tube sizes or partially loop them? I use dankung tubes on my slingshots. Single 1745 tube with a loop on one end is great. Maybe I can use multiple dankung tubes on slingbows?

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  6. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

i thought of partially loop the black theratube. i never had dankung tubes. are they strong enough for your carbon arrows? how many of them would you need to get the same result as from ttb?

7. dannytsg

dannytsg Senior Member

Nice work. I love slingbows.

8. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

nice slingbow, could you please post the blueprints for the first one?

9. tpenttil

tpenttil New Member

Here

Attached Files:

10. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Thanks for the blueprints man, i have been looking for these for ages:)

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really nice Work :D 1+

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Sweet-looking slingbows ya got there! I like the "Zombie-Killer" the best :)

13. tpenttil

tpenttil New Member

New version. I like this one the most. It's more comfortable to shoot than the others. I used the same rubber and the fastest speed was still 57meters/second. I also tried fully and partially looped black theratube but no success. Double was too heavy to pull and half looped was not any better. I think I'm going to make finished version of this one and then start trying different rubber bands and tubes for more speed.

Attached Files:

14. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice, but a downside of this design is that the bands hits the wood at full speed... which shortens the band-life!

15. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

are the tubes fully pre-stretched so you couldn't pull any further than (limited to the length of arrow) neccessary? so you would get the best out of it but tapered tbg would be better for sure.

16. Great slingbow!

Great Job!

Joe

17. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

rubber on the surface to reduce the impact might help besides rounding and sanding the edges.

18. tpenttil

tpenttil New Member

I got some silver theratube for my bow and I also cut the tubes little bit shorter. It shoot pretty fine now and I will make new version and sand it smooth :D

I got inspired on the bullpup arrow shooter tutorial video and made my own. I made some small changes and the lock part is made of stainless steel. The thing I learned is that the foot rest for the loading must be big enough because it slipped while loading and I got pretty nice cut on my left eyebrow! I still need sights for this. It seems to be pretty accurate and powerful. It has short double pieces of theratube black and it's pretty hard to load. I havent glued allmost anything permanently on place so I can change it still. I need to make better foot rest :rolleyes: I wast thinking to make a new one with pulleys so it could use longer rubber and longer accelerating.

Attached Files:

19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice job. I like the second one. ;)