My second one

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by BBM, Aug 19, 2013.

1. BBM

BBM New Member

Hey folks, I thought since the first sling came out fairly decent I thought I would make another with a lil more meat in the grip area. I think I may make one more, maybe a different style before I move into some nicer woods. This is just some material I had laying around the garage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Really nice work! Great design and I love the pins thru the frame, that is a very good touch! Looks to be red oak?

3. BBM

BBM New Member

Thanks Will, yeah it's red oak. Nothing special and not all shiny and flawless but will get plenty of use!

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Hey, I love red oak! Its probably my favorite wood for this type of stuff. Strong and durable and has a killer grain pattern that can be brought out by different sawing and shaping. You did great with it! Have you applied a finish yet?

Oh, and the red oak will actually take a beautiful polish on its own. With the right sanding and the buffing with 0000 steel wool, you will be amazed at what happens:D

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  5. BBM

BBM New Member

Just a lil light oil rub is all. Yeah I figured I could make it shine but I tend to like an oil finish. Once I figure what I like and what style suits me I will make one out of a few pieces of wood I have had my eye on.

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Great little shooter your really good it's bugging me :D lol keep up the good work.

J

7. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Very nice one, again ;)
    Got to try that design someday.