My Rambone is here!!!!

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by VWscooby, Dec 7, 2013.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Ok, so Ive been posting a lot over the past couple of days (poor weather means no falconry work :( ) but I just had to tell everyone that my Rambone has turned up! :) Thought I would mention here as my other half was rather underwhelmed!

Going to band it up tonight then Im out on a job on monday next to some private woodland I have permission on so will be taking the Rambone, my new homemade Chalice and a load of ammo with me along with the birds! :)

2. Maxim

Maxim New Member

Mine came today banded it up and went to the beach fired one shot was awesome fired a second and the right fork arm (or what ever its called) snapped off (see pictures) im not exactly a body builder or anything so I didn't over pull it or anything, and now I have no idea how to send it back to get a new one :(

-Max

Attached Files:

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Well the first question would be - is it the Rambone, or slingshots in general that underwhelm her? My wife is nice enough to humor me in my hobby, though she shows a preference for my homemades over anything I've bought. Rambone is on the list.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Whoa. Maybe a failure in the material during production? Definitely need to get in touch with the place you bought it and let them know. Hopefully they can help you out with perhaps a replacement? Bigger concern though is why it happened. They definitely need to be aware of this. Maybe it's just a one-off failure and not a flaw in the material used to make them. I'm sure they've been tested well before they were put into production.

5. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Wow... must have been a bad fork hit. What kind of ammo did you shoot?

Shouldn't have happened anyway, we'll have to investigate this. I trust the frame will be replaced and we'll have the manufacturer look at it in detail. As you know I tested the samples very thoroughly before I gave my OK, at levels that nobody can achieve in real life.

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Wow, thats not good Maxim! There was a paragraph about returns on the bottom of the confirmation email. After watching Joergs testing video this looks like a really unlucky failure, sure the Store will sort you out.

Still excited about shooting mine though ;)

Oh, and Withak, she puts up with my hobby brilliantly. She just doesn't see why I need a new slingshot the day after building another one! You can never have too many slingshots though, right?!

7. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Too many slingshots. Just typing that seems a little weird. It's like those words aren't meant to go together. :p