my Rambone broke :(

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Maxim, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Maxim

Maxim New Member

so today my Rambone came in the post not expecting it for a while being as I got a Email telling me they had to make more of the green ones, so well done on fast shipping. I put the double flat bands on and went to go shoot it, on the second shot it snapped a arm off as I was drawing it back it then swung round and hit me in the elbow kinda adding insult to injury haha.

Anyway all I want is a new one as the one I got was obviously faulty how do I go about doing this?

-Max

Attached Files:

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Contact the place you bought it directly. I assume you bought it through the Slingshot Channel Store? If so, there is a contact link right on the home page. That's who you need to talk with. You can't be certain they are always watching the forum for a post like this. They definitely need to be aware of this problem, just in case it's not a one-off fluke.

3. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Wow! That’s not good. My black one just got to me 2 days ago. I’ll have to take it out for a run this weekend and see how it behaves.

4. Maxim

Maxim New Member

yeah I got it fro the slingshot channel store and thanks for the help.

-Max

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Wow, that sucks!
    Definitely contact them!

6. zwillie

zwillie New Member

Hi,
    contact the shop immediately!!
    They should warn the other customers by e-mail.
    You just hit the elbow, think what could have happened.
    This construction seems to have some "teething" problems.
    Zwillie

7. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

Hi,

well, that looks very dangerous. I don't want get something like that in my eye or somewhere else in my face. Maybe the problem only occurs with the green ones (other material)? The black ones are much more tough - Jörg demonstrated that in one of his videos.

Bye.

8. Maxim

Maxim New Member

yeah I think I was lucky I only got my elbow I was also wearing safety glasses as it was the first time I had ever fired a proper sling shot kinda glad I was to be honest.

I just E-mailed them and gave a link to this thread aswel as explaining it ill keep this updated with what's going on with it.

thanks for the help every one

-Max

9. Tilia

Tilia Junior Member

send it back, maybe they can figure out what went wrong.... your lucky it only hit your elbow mate

10. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

It broke while you were drawing it back? That must have been a transportation damage. The material is the same as in the black types AFAIK, and that withstood 220 lb draw force.

Contact the supplier, it will have to be exchanged of course.

11. Maxim

Maxim New Member

WOW I didn't think the man himself would respond haha

I sent a E mail to this address [email protected]
    I am guessing that's the wrong address to E mail

Thanks

-Max

12. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

Looks scary. Good luck with your replacement.

13. NyamNyam

NyamNyam Member

14. Maxim

Maxim New Member

15. Maxim

Maxim New Member

okey my new Rambone just came in the post I didnt get a "tested" sticker on it but I am sure it was tested, thank you to every one involved in sorting out the problem very well done :)

-Max