My pump shooter slingsot, inspired by Joerg

Discussion in 'Trader's corner' started by Lefthorse, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Lefthorse

Lefthorse Junior Member

Well, y am planing to make a pump gun from hard wood , witch shoot M8 nuts, the magazine hold at least 4O nuts, and in the front will be a toy laser for precise targeting, and will be equipped with tubular rubber, the exterior will be perfectly finished and pyrogravured inscription-ed like a work of art, and of course it will resist to hard use

Attached Files:

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks like a fun project. How soon until you start to build it? I can't wait to see the finished product.

3. Lefthorse

Lefthorse Junior Member

Maybe this weekend, but y dont wan to hurry

4. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Hey Lefthorse,

please take your time,
    but at least two of us ARE
    waiting to see it (operate?)

Thanks for sharing!

Greetings,

Be

5. Otees

Otees Another Member

Take your time, it's too good of a project to rush. With patience and dedication comes a better slingshot.

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Sweet drawing. Looks like plenty of drawlength for a powerful weapon.

It will be very cool to see a vid of it working. Like everyone said, certainly do take your time. Especially smoothing everywhere the rubber and other moving parts will contact.

I got burned by my lust for the first shot before, when the fun was shut down for a rebuild too early. You will thank yourself later.

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Looks like fun! I looking forward to see it turn into an awesome weapon... :)

8. Lefthorse

Lefthorse Junior Member

Thanks all :) of course y will show a video , and lot of images

9. sirlanzalot

sirlanzalot New Member

Wow. I would certainly be interested in making one of those as well. Good luck.

10. RegulusRubber

RegulusRubber Junior Member

Very nice, very interesting. I like the loading wheel mechanism. I think a Neodym magnet holds the bullet.
    The trigger is very simple but good. Only the axis must be stronger.
    I would change only one thing. A little redesign for 10 or 12 mm steel balls. They are more heavy than nuts and will fly better.

I found some unexpensive lasers and scopes.
    http://dx.com/p/genuine-new-wish-5mw-red-laser-module-5v-2-pack-10091

http://dx.com/p/1-x-1-abs-optics-wide-angle-red-dot-air-gun-scope-black-232751

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  11. Lefthorse

Lefthorse Junior Member

In my place its hard to found steel balls, thats why was chosen the M8 nuts, they are plenty, and i am thinking to put fluorescent material in the nut holes to bee visible in night , also the wood power tool did not arrive at my home, so i thinking to build this gun from 10 millimeter transparent plexiglas , of course the heavy duty parts will be made from stainless metal , and also will be able to charge with light the fluorescent material in the nuts with help of a flash light when they all already in the magazine of the gun :) ya, and the whole mechanism will be visible without disasemblig... so what you say guys ?

12. RegulusRubber

RegulusRubber Junior Member

13. rtaylor129

rtaylor129 New Member

That looks awesome!