My projectile launcher. Fun to use but DANGEROUS to operate

Discussion in 'The latest one!' started by TheGarageInventor, Jul 18, 2013.

1. TheGarageInventor

TheGarageInventor New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYxM0cdmEY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFYxM0cdmEY[/ame]

Not sure what category this would fall into. This would be connected to slingshots because of the black, special heavy Thera-Band tubes that I used. Although I didn't design it for high velocity, it does pack a pretty good punch. I actually designed it to launch 1" glass marbles that are hollowed out and filled with what ever you can think of (liquids, explosives, etc). Currently, its set up to launch metal projectiles. I am working on a fitting that will accept the glass marbles.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

this would be a crossbow, a very dangerous one;)

3. TheGarageInventor

Yep, dangerous is a good description. I actually made a video before this one, that had me grabbing it in front of the trigger...my hand right over the head of a screw. When I pulled the hose clamp connected to the spring loaded bolt, it ripped a hole in my hand. Lesson learned. It seems this weapon only wants to be handled in a certain way, and she let me know real fast. :rolleyes:

4. LEDPunisher

LEDPunisher New Member

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This does look as though it would pack a wallop! I certainly wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one of her 'kisses!'

6. HandForged13

HandForged13 New Member

7. TheGarageInventor

Yeah, this one is kinda "punchy". Seems like the round has a lot of force behind it. If I were to add the other two black Thera-Band tubes, I am guessing it would put a hole in the garage door.....quickly followed by my girlfriend kicking me out of the house. HA! Still though...the show must go on and I need to find out what its full potential is.

8. TheGarageInventor

The best I can offer is a brief description of how it was built and how to operate it:

Use two PVC pipes, the inner smaller in diameter than the outer. The inner pipe has to slide freely inside of the outer pipe.

For a trigger mechanism, I went with a spring loaded bolt. The spring in the bolt keeps the bolt pushed out. When you pull on the ring, it pulls the bolt into the housing. When you load the smaller diameter pipe into the larger one, there should be a hole in the smaller pipe so that the spring loaded bolt catches a hole in it (the smaller diameter pipe). The spring loaded bolt is screwed into the larger diameter pipe far enough so that when you pull the ring, the top of the spring loaded bolt sets flush with the inner surface of the large pipe.

Grooves are cut into the top of the smaller diameter pipe to hold the black tubing, but be sure that the grooves have absolutely no sharp edges (it could cut the tubing).

"L Brackets" are used for the hand and feet grips for pulling back on the two sections, that will catch the triggering mechanism. I found that, with that many tubes being stretched, an additional set of "L Brackets" were needed to stabilize it when fired. Again....it does kick like a mule.

That was sort of a generic description. I really need to draw up some diagrams so it would be more clear.

9. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

This is for Jorge's videos. Doesn't this need to be moved?

10. Joar

Joar New Member

Can u make a slingshot version of this?

[ame]http://youtu.be/nkyrhNgZAg0[/ame]