my PFS "sniper"

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Arturo Borquez, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

Shooting a lot small targets my self made bamboo PFS has the better statistics, not because I shoot it more than other frames, I like to shoot all the excellent shooters from my friends ... I speculate a "theory"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwEZ_aMERNc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwEZ_aMERNc[/ame]
    Cheers
    Arturo

2. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very nice. I love the design. I am trying to learn now to shoot the PFS that I made. There is a wee bit of a learning curve. My hand has had more than a few meetings with the marbles. D'oh! :eek:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

The search is to find, "The One". Looks like you got it.;)

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nice. I really need to make a PFS, that looks like a nice design.

Also, I tried to send you a PM on another question, Arturo, but I got a message that your mailbox is full. Just wanted to pass that on to you.

Withak (formerly etrain16)

5. Arturo Borquez

Thanks my friend sure I will make room in the inbox
    Cheers
    Arturo

6. Arturo Borquez

old messages deleted to make room, try it again
    Cheers
    Arturo

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Mr. Arturo, I've found similar results but wasn't sure what it was until I saw your slingy. I believe its because the front of the fork tips are higher than the rear as well as the curve. When I finished the redneck guava pfs the rear of the tips was a little high, when I went to flatten them I went too far. But It turned out great, its the smoothest pfs I've tried. Seeing yours makes me think this theory needs testing.

8. Arturo Borquez

I think that the prominent front and the curve to the back has two different effects, 1) it is less prone to "canting" inaccuracies. I have shoot extreme canted forward more or less 45° and even canted backward and noticed very little path changes and 2) the band rubs a minimum specially when the bands start entangling over the fork, the pouch clears quite clean and that is another reason I don't have almost any sign of abrasion or scratch's over the below surface, maybe that's why bands also lasts longer ... my "theory" ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

9. fiskey81

fiskey81 Junior Member

very nice i'm a big fan of the pfs i made a few out of flattened pvc based on dgui's design and i was very pleased with the results. i was looking for something new to try and your post caught my eye.

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

I think we are geniuses;)! If even only by accident! Maybe some magic from the BV rubber?
    Cheers back to you
    Dolo

11. Arturo Borquez

ha +1 LOL ! Cheers on BV magic !

12. zwillie

zwillie New Member

Hi Arturo,
    a PFS is only a sniper when it is in your hands.
    Zwillie

13. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Hi Arturo,
    every time while watching your vids, i´m thinking about starting again with PFS shooting.
    But then i´m getting these ghost pain in my hand. It must be from my first experiences with PFS.
    Cheers
    Peter

14. Arturo Borquez

@zillie thanks man, it's all about practice ... anyone can do it !
    @slingpit ... PFS's aren't the holy grail is just I feel and find them more comfortable for my style, of course you need to start slowly and mastering the pouch release takes a bit, a very good train to shoot better the full frames, no doubt ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

That PFS is beautiful. Gonna have to find some bamboo, looks like a nice and strong piece. I that the PFS you' ve build recently?

16. Arturo Borquez

Hello friend, yes it was the first build after the Fang, I've done 3 more to give away, I don't plan to build nothing more until buy better tools, these lasts builds gave me an awful pain in my forearm, the bamboo is strong and hard, it was almost like sanding steel LOL ! so no more builds meanwhile, I prefer to keep my beloved arm for shooting LOL ! ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

17. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Sorry to read about your arm. Hope it is better now, take care man! We all need that arm of yours to keep seeing those awesome little shooting vidzz. You did a fantastic job on that one and i don' t think that the same will happen to it as the fang you made. I remember you had just finished the fang and had a fork hit the same day( or two days later). You are, now, immuned against those nasty fork (s)hits. ;)
    Take care my friend.
    Red