My new toys!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Will, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I have long loved axes of all types. I'm not sure why, but maybe they just have that look that says 'I can be really mean if I want to!'
    Whatever the case, I was looking about on Amazon and came across the 27 ounce tomahawk, made by Estwing here in America (amazingly). It was an instant purchase! A moment later, I saw its barbarian brother, 38 ounce double-bit. It joined the 'hawk in my cart without delay!
    They are both made of one piece of steel and the rubber handles are bonded to the shafts. Very solid tools and they feel great in the hand!

Attached Files:

2. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Amazing :eek:
    Really nice Axe´s! I love them <3 1+
    How much have you Paid for this nice Tomohawk`s?

3. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
  4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

you did well on purchasing these great pieces. although i like the double-headed more than the tomahawk.

glad, you found yet still something "made in america". ;)

5. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Shultz, I believe they were both less than $50 US each. I really couldn't pass it up!
    :D Thanks guys! I am going camping next weekend, so I may have some fun with them!

6. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really nice Deal for this Great Axe´s ;)
    I´am sure you have really Fun on your Campingtrip with this Big "Baby´s" :D

7. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

8. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Ooooooh I smell some destruction coming. And I'm gonna miss it. Nice find.

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

10. Schultz

Schultz New Member

I prefer the Look from the Full Steel Axes, but i find the Wooden one are nicer for Work.
    I think we have 5 or so at home but unfortunately I don't know so much about the Brands.

11. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I agree. Something about an ax made only of steel is awesome. For actually chopping wood, I like wooden handles or actually a composite handle. I use the composite model quite often around the yard, and it doesn't send as many vibrations through the hands.

12. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Huh, I really don't care for Tomahawks. But that doesn't take away from its awesomeness. Nice!

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

That Composit Models sounds very good. I love it only to throw my Axes so I prefer a Steel Grip what dont Split at a Bad Impact. Or Simple a Steeltube arround the Wooden Handle.

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

The steel 'shield' around the ax handle is a great idea for throwing purposes! I can see you making something like that. Even a heavy leather or tight paracord wrap may help against damage too.
    The composite handle is good for yard work but there is a problem. The made the handle of mine a bright, glowing red and looks like a child's toy!! It won't get lost easily anyway;)

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Better A Sharp Toy as A Invisible War Axe :D
    I "love" it, when my Axe lands in the Bushes and I have to Search them... ;)

16. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Composite handles are my preference for wood splitting. I've broken too many hickory handles. I agree, metal handles vibrate too much.

17. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Very true Studer. The only steel handle work tool I have is a splitting maul I built myself. The handle is a schedule 80 steel pipe that I welded to the head and filled with sand. Much better on the vibrations. That tool is a real monster!

18. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

Wood stings slightly if you hit wrong but are great and can break, polymers are great but some can be fragile, steel carrys lots of vibrations.