my new shooter ;) really cheap one heh

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by slawek, Nov 3, 2013.

1. slawek

slawek New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one i made from piece of hammer handle and a towel hook :p took me like 5 min to make it. Well iam still not 100% sure about this one i tried to break it with alot force but cant so i think this might work.

And here are my two naturals i found near my work:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i really like shape of that first one its fits my hand really well might be a good shooter second one its more common i think :)

2. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

haha sweet hammer hook sling....and the first natural look just like a human hand making the Victory sign.:eek:

3. Haze

Haze New Member

Nice. I was going to ask what the fork was made of. Thought you welded it. I guess someone did.

4. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Looks nice Slawek, I've seen some others do a similar design and have thought about doing one myself. One question, do you know what kind of metal that coat hook is made from? The reason I ask is that some coat hooks are made from cheap 'pot' metal rather than real steel, which could lead to a fork break and possibly to an injury. Can you tell what kind of metal it's made from?

And, those are some nice forks you scored. Nice finds.

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Nice! Looking at the first pic, I was thinking in my head, is that part of a hammer handle? Then I read your description.
    That first natural is pretty, I bet that will be a gorgeous slingshot!

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Love the first natural. I can't wait to see the finished product.

7. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

8. slawek

slawek New Member

I forgot what metal it is, bought it some time ago but i alredy tried to break it and i didnt succeed ;) its not that weak kind of metal for sure. I tried to break it REALLY hard and that fork not even move a bit. But iam still kinda "scared" to shoot it. Really dont want this thing break and hit my face LOL.

As for naturals i have really no idea what tree was this :) i just found it and cut that "fork", and yes that 1st one its like made for my hand :)

I have another one unfinished but i left it at my work so i upload some photos later ^^

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is really sleek and just plain cool! Very, very creative! I may have to borrow this design some day!

That hook appears to be stainless steel. If it is, it should be very solid. I work with stainless every day and the stuff is brutally tough!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  10. slawek

slawek New Member

so as i promised. Finally found some time to work on my another slingshot. Have some photos, still not finished but maybe soon ^^

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and a little EXTRA :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my very first try ever! trying make a knife from old file pretty hard to work with this kind of metel with only basic tools and no experience but i try my best :cool:

11. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

...And work you did..! The shooter is looking Mean! Is the heal spike an acorn type nut rounded out? The blade looks ruthless too! Very nice work coming along there.