My new self-made knife collection

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by LW, Jun 24, 2013.

1. LW

LW New Member

As I mentioned in a few post, I've tried to build myself a few knife with some nice handles and some Kydex sheaths. All the blades I bought on ....ay they are offered there as blanks. Often need to be reworked polished and sharpened. Here is the result:

Please be patient with me, it is the first time that I have worked with Kydex...:) :rolleyes:

I hope you like them...

A little note, all knives are made ​​for use, not for the showcase and the blades have now a few tracks, but that does not bother me. :p

Neck Nife

NECK01.jpg
    NECK02.jpg
    NECK03.jpg

A Knife with a Fire starter in the Sheath

FLINT01.jpg
    FLINT02.jpg
    FLINT03.jpg
    FLINT04.jpg

Biggest so far

BLACK01.jpg
    BLACK02.jpg
    BLACK03.jpg

Feel free to ask any question, belonging to the Material or the making, or what will be the weather next week...:D

Going to post another threat, I will show the construction and building of an new example, I think my best one so far.

2. Nice and great knifes!

Nice and great work!

Amazing!

I like this knife with the firestarter most.

Joe

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This is beautiful work, LW! Is there a website where you prefer to order the components?

4. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Amazing! The look is really Beautiful :D
    The first one is my Favorite!

5. LW

LW New Member

Not really a website, I try to buy everything as low as possible on ebay. The Kydex I have from a small internet shop I think "holsterbau.de" on German ebay you are not able to get much Kydex...:mad:

6. Tysonspapa

Tysonspapa New Member

Now thats nice. Well done.

7. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Wow! Amaaazing work! I love the black handle of the last one... and that you can fit a fire starter in the sheath of the second... Everyone of your creations is truly an unique masterpiece!

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

woooww, great knives!

9. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Awesome collection!

10. WeaponsOfElection

WeaponsOfElection New Member

You have a great talent to be able to make those

11. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

You are joking"Please be patient with me, it is the first time that I have worked with Kydex".
    You are a professional knifemaker and showing some of your collection.
    And Tysonspapa is your business partner.
    I have seen through you. Enough talking ****. Oh censored

Realy nice knifes. Which machinery did you use and how will be the weather in Hattingen the next 10 minutes. I´ve to go outside for taking the trash away.;)

12. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

Hi LW. the first thing I have to say is you do a fantastic knives, really are very cool. the second is that I'm starting to get into the world of knives and I made my first this week. I let the photo. maybe you could give me some advice, tell me what steel do you use for your knives, if you give them some heat treating...

Attached Files:

13. LW

LW New Member

Until last week I was a knife collector, but I thought it can not be so difficult to build a knife. I often and always use knives and I always carry two knives with me (do not ask why, I do not know either :D) but there are always little things that bother me on one or the other knife.
    So it's obvious that I want to build my own knife for my needs out of my own experience.
    For this knives I used an angle grinder, a drum sander, and a lot of sandpaper.

sorry, Hattingen is outside my weather satellite, but a wise man once told me, there is no bad weather, only bad clothing ...:D

14. LW

LW New Member

Hi zurdoman,
    there are so many types of steel for knives, you could write 100 books (or more) and each has a different philosophy. Some good steel is AUS-8 or 12C27 or SV30 or PM steels, but they are often very expensive, not easy to get and can not be sharpened easily.
    I take for my homemade knife 440 C steel, which is perfectly adequate for my purposes, and it is used in many blades.

Your knife looks very useful, the paracord handle is simple but very useful.

To harden steel, there are also many philosophies and opinions, and I'm not a professional, if you have the possibility, carefully heat the steel until it is no longer magnetic, in a charcoal fire or grill with a lot of air that is possible. Then you put the red hot steel into oil. Use simple cooking oil, this does not create toxic fumes. After this your knife should be hardened. There are hundreds of videos on yutube which are very helpful.

I wish you much fun and good luck :)

15. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

thank you very much for your advice

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Those knives are great!!:eek:
    You should start a shop to sell them. Like King Midas changed everything he touched into gold, everything you touch changes into juwelry.

17. Courier

Courier Senior Member

I agree with the others. Awesome work! :)

18. beautiful!
    have you thought of acid eching you name or logo into any of them?
    i will hopefully have a tutorial up on how to do something like that soon! :)
    nice knifes!

19. CJC

CJC BIG ELK HUNTER

Amazing Knives A+

20. aea27

aea27 Slingshot Lover

Nice knifes, How long did it take you to make all of them?