My New Bullpup X-bow (arrow)

Discussion in 'Slingshot Crossbows' started by beaverIII73, Nov 16, 2013.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

I've been work on a new X-bow. It is a bull pup style and I'm uploading a few pic of my progress. I was up until 2:30 am working it. I have most of the frame and the barrel made. Next I'm going to work on the trigger. Hopefully my rubber gets here today. If not it will be a week before I can finish it. Well I hope you all like it so far.

Sorry for that last post. I try to do it from my phone at my daughters archery practice and it didn't work to good.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

2. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I like it, blueprints soon?

3. beaverIII73

So here is the almost finished frame with a functional trigger. I put a set of bands on the front just to test the trigger and I am very pleased how it worked. Tomorrow I'm going to build the a draw length extension like Joerg's Bullpup. I draw all of the peaces to scale before I transfer them to the wood so when I'm all done I try to download them if anyone wants to how I made it.

Attached Files:

4. beaverIII73

One more pic.

Attached Files:

5. beaverIII73

One of my friend gave my son (8 years old) a toy slingbow. And I think i can make it into more than a toy. I clamped it to the end of my bullpup and i love it. So now i have to do it slingshotchannel stille and make it a zombie killer.

Attached Files:

6. beaverIII73

I working on a heavier frame and put some strong tude ruber on it.... if the rubber I order a week ago will ever get here.

7. beaverIII73

Finished! #2 is done. Well all but fine tuning the tube langht. I love it the rube set on it now is too short I think but it dose fire nice. I still have some sanding and shaping left to do but I'm very happy with it. I know the look is a little diferent but i think it look cool. With four screws i can take the front fork off and make a different one if iI get a new idea. I'd like to say again thank you to everone the posts their great ideas. I get insperation from them all. and Thank you to Mr. Sprave for his videos and this site.

Attached Files:

8. anthony

anthony New Member

9. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Nice! Will you make a video of it being shot?

10. beaverIII73

Yes ill show some shooting when I'm happy with the band langth and is not in the 30s lol i get one shot off now then back inside to warm up.

11. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

What? Freezing temps aren't perfect for shooting?

No J/K I can't handle it when it gets below 60 degrees F.

12. beaverIII73

I'd like tho present the finished "Y-Wing". I used a torch to burn camo stripes and darkened the wood a bit. I added two more bands, WOW great power. I used some para cord for a foot stirrup (must have with four bands). I also used a peace of para cord for the bow sting and added a loop on each side to make help with cocking. I also made a set of T-handle for even easier cocking. Finally I drilled several holes all over the frame to reduce the overall wait of the bow, and they just look COOL. I made a couple of shots out the back door at ten meters and i very happy with the accuracy. Here are the final pics. Just wanted to say thank you again for all of the positive comments from everyone and thank you Mr. Srave for the inspiration to do this. I have this week off so going to take it apart and make some drawing to scale if anyone is interested in how I made it.

Attached Files:

13. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Awesome thing, looks really cool and all tactical