my mini folding survival slingshot crossbow

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by def215, May 15, 2013.

1. def215

def215 Junior Member

hi all. this is my first post/build. i stumbled upon joergs videos on youtube because i was looking up slingbows. then i found his folding survival crossbow video and i was curious to give it a go and try to make my own slingshot crossbow. im still working on it. it still has some rough cuts on it and it needs some reshaping and sanding, but this is what i have so far:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it still needs more work because there are some rough edges and needs its final shaping. im still waiting on the bands to come in. hopefully i can have a video of it shooting soon.:D

this is the very first slingshot ive made so i know its not pretty.:eek:

2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Looks good so far!

3. BrPio

BrPio .

I like what I see so far.

4. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

5. def215

def215 Junior Member

thanks guys. i have it at the point that i can at least fire. so here is a video of it firing:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igTltZ9vj0E[/ame]
    im doing some final touches on it before i put a coat of stain/polyurethane on it.:)

6. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

That is great. From the video it looks like its pretty accurate, too.

The way it is put together a person could make interchangeable front ends for different ammo weights and power levels. Or just as a quick change setup for when a band goes.

Very cool gun.

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Awesome job!

8. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

Awesome scaled down design!

9. Courier

Courier Senior Member

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Ok!!! I am sure you are b********g us!!! The very first one:eek:. Awesome job my friend and i am curious to see what you will come up with next time(BOUNCE... no emoticons for that!?!). Keep it up man!!!
    Maybe more sanding??? ( Inside joke)

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  11. def215

def215 Junior Member

thanks guys. it means a lot since this is my first build and it didnt really turn out the way i imagined.

that video clip took me a couple times to get right. i kept missing. im a horrible shot with a slingshot.:( the proportions are a tad bit off since i was trying to guestimate and scale it down from joerg's original folding slingshot crossbow.:eek:

im using tubular bands on it at the moment. well actually, its the replacement bands and pouch for a china slingshot, i think.

yes, this one would be my first slingshot build.:) i know it looks rough around the edges but its my first time really working with wood. but in all seriousness, it needs some sanding since i got gorilla glue everywhere putting some of the pieces together and i need it smooth for the stain/polyurethane ill be doing.

at the moment its in pieces and im prepping it for a coat of stain/polyurethane. ill post pictures once its all complete. :D

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I will say( not sure if i am right) most imporant is that it is smooth enough where your bands/rubber comes in contact with the wood to get less friction/ damage. The rest is only esthetic...;) AAAAARGGGHHH!!! God damn smilies!!!!!!

13. Jazztuss

Jazztuss Junior Member

Excellent job man!

14. def215

def215 Junior Member

im finally all done with it and its complete.
    [​IMG]
    folded up
    [​IMG]
    unfolded and cocked
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the "business" end

[​IMG]
    the polyurethane coat didnt urn out the way i wanted, but also ive never done it before.:rolleyes: i really just put a few coats on it so the wood doesnt get wet and rot.

im quite pleased with it. now its time to build something else!:D

15. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

a question guys. I know there is a jorg video tutorial for this crossbow but I can not find it. if someone could pass the video link and the blueprint link I'll be very grateful

16. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Def, that looks fantastic! I really like the brown colour, it makes it look a bit... medeival? It looks like you easily could fit it in, say, a backpack. Great work! [​IMG]

Zurdo: Maybe this one? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2Bcn1ze4c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK2Bcn1ze4c[/ame]

17. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

nop I want this in specific

18. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

There is no tutorial for the folding survival crossbow. There is, somewhere on the forum some close-up pics of the mechanism tough.

19. zurdoman95

zurdoman95 Member

ok thanks I already found what I wanted. I ask joerg in private and joerg has answered me. thanks anyway guys