My Meat Cleaver

Discussion in 'Knives, Swords, and other bladed weapons' started by Alukuchen, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Yesterday i made this little meat hatchet! I guess it will come in handy when dealing with large quantities of spare ribs. The next BBQ is sure to come :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQZgSR3eTM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMQZgSR3eTM[/ame]

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

This came out great! I'm very impressed by how good this looks! Good work, and a great video. Very nice to watch your progress as this was built.
    Now I need to build one, the Fall is bbq season for me:D!

3. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Thank you for sharing this Video. Great Work you do. I like your chopper. Great finish.

4. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

It'd be cool if you made another with more length so you'd have a "heavy machete". But I see you use saw blades.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  5. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

This is the coolest recycling I've seen in a long while.

I like your trick to save the temper of the steel for the edge.

Very clear, well shot video--you make it look almost effortless, though I know it is hard work.
    Work with beautiful results.

6. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Beautiful thing and i agree to Mike, looked effortless.

7. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I always see videos on yourube before on here great vid :)

J

8. Obelix

Obelix Delete

It is a meat cleaver and no machete! An this is a top work he made. I think wood and bone are no problem for this work. Top job.

9. Courier

Courier Senior Member

That is a quite cool cleaver.
    Great work, Alukuchen!

10. rock slinger

rock slinger I rarely shoot rocks!

holy cow that is coool

11. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Forget, Obelix..... He don't make complements. If the job is perfect, he tries to find something wrong from his mind. Usually causes a lot o f trouble. Xanthos and Thistle left mostly because of him.

Alu, I've learned a lot on this videos. Actually I aways learn something in your videos. I like your professional crafting style...and I love your tools and workshop!!!:D:D:D:D

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

He has a great shop, doesn't he? I get jealous every time I see one of his videos that shows all the goodies in there...:D

13. Brazilviking

I think the same! Since I'm buying a new house (we will have a guest room, everybody invited!!) I'll try to make a workshop on the back....Alu's place is my inspiration!:D

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

That is a great goal, for sure! I need a few more pieces of equipment before I'm even close!:D

15. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

Are you sure I'm liable to take you up on the offer. Are you sure you want to see my fat pasty white behind in a spedo............

16. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I never said it was bad. I just said it would be cool if you made something like a Heavy Machete.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  17. dolomite

dolomite Banned

theonewhoshallnotbenamed still has some growing up to do and needs better social skills. Maybe one day...:rolleyes:

18. Brazilviking

I knew, of course, that he would reply with an excuse "thats not what I mean" style. Aways following the same predictable pattern. Next step would be a reply making a self depreciation.

Well, I like the cleaver! I want to build one..... But I've never seen a saw blade like that around here. And I'll need proper tools. So little time......

19. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Realy nice hatchet.
    Hope you realy use it for your BBQ and not wearing a mask and making a human BBQ.;)

20. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

Thaks guys! Haha ! For nonhuman BBQ only! :D
    @Brazilviking: as you see the basically only tool you need is an angle grinder! These are not very expensive and last a very long time if you buy a decent one. You could even do the shaping of the handle using an angle grinder. Most versatile tool ever! I only made the blade out of two pieces because i did not want to waste too much af the saw blade and have a hole in the middle of the cleaver :)