My Last Cooking Spree

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WildBill, Jan 9, 2014.

1. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

Since my moving truck (or Lorry, or Pantechnicon or whatever English you call it by) is leaving Kansas City on the 25th, I won't be doing much cooking in the interim. In fact, the kitchen will start to be packed next week. So this weekend is my last bit of cooking in KC... and Lasagna is on the menu. I just got the marinara put together and it'll be simmering until about this time tomorrow.

Once the 24 pound beast is done, it will be portioned into meal-sized freezer packs and should be enough food for my wife and I for at least two weeks. Also, Toni is making chicken burritos (I'll do the tortillas since she doesn't like to make them- though she can do it just fine) since nothing but pasta for two weeks can get a bit boring even for die-hard fans of the stuff.

-Wild Bill

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Sounds really good, but I'm typically burned out on leftovers by day 3.

3. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

It's Done

Well, the last cooking in KC is over. Pictured below is the 22 pound (I weighed it) eight layer lasagna. I put a soda can next to it for scale purposes. Also, a dozen chicken, rice, potato and cheese sauce burritos were constructed. We should be good to go until the move.

-Wild Bill

Attached Files:

4. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Usually I'm the same. But lasagne...... Well I'm a lot like Garfield to put it mildly
    Looks delicious WildBill!

5. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

Looks like you'll be eating well! Yum! :D