my home mades

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by dolomite, Aug 13, 2013.

1. dolomite

dolomite Banned

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]I wanted to see what everyone thinks of my work. I've only been making them for a few months. First is manzanita natural, first ss I made. pics 114.jpg

pics 115.jpg next is my first board cut, Brazilian cherry for Mrs. Dolomite. pics 112.jpg pics 113.jpg manzanita stickshot

Attached Files:

2. dolomite

dolomite Banned

i'll post more when I get a couple pics taken. sorry about poor presentation i'm new to forums in general.:eek:

3. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

What's the finish? It looks awesome! Very nice job!

4. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Nice! Very crafted you are! Different from the one that theonethatshallnotbenamed! Keep on sending!

5. Snader76

Snader76 Dysfunctional Member

Real nice man! Good pictures to. Glad to hear that mrs is also shooting.

6. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Looks dynamite! Manzanita is an interesting wood, but it is beautiful when finished like this! I'm curious about the finish you used as well.

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

the first two are verathane, the stickshot is finished with epoxy. I used the two part 5min kind but recommend using the 60min set as it was hard as hell to get done in 5.

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

silly mini in the shape of my lil dogs face, mahogany pocket predator, acacia interpretation of 7ball[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]working on purple heart pocket size, pics when i'm done. thanks for all the nice comments.

Attached Files:

9. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Thanks BV for the nice words, I wish thistle saw the manzanita ones as she influenced me to post them.

10. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

The manzanita looks like ivory until I see the heartwood on the fork tips. Great job on the finish. Nice forks.

11. Wanimator

Wanimator Banned

I'm jealous, what equipment do you have????

12. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Very nice work.

13. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

All of youres are better than mine I'm very embarrassed :(

J

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

I love the Brazil Cherry you made for your Lady!!!
    Great work for all of them and super finish!

15. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Nice Work! Looks really Beautiful :D

16. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Thanks for all the nice words, glad everyone digs my stuff. looks like sanding till I wanted to puke then sanding till I hated sand papers existence then sanding till my fingers were raw paid off:).

17. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

and when you reach that point......only half of the sandind is left to do!!:D:D:D:D

18. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Nice armory and clean work.

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Here's my newest one. I call it problem child. Purple heart is nasty stuff but so beautiful, I had to buy special scrollsaw blades so it wouldn't burn. scared because of BV's incident, I had goggles on and a shirt wrapped around my face so I didn't breathe the dust. it dulled a sanding drum in record time and broke tons of blades but its worth it in the end, it handles and shoots quite well. sanded to 600 with verathane finish and polished. IMGP0101.jpg

IMGP0102.jpg

IMGP0103.jpg

IMGP0104.jpg

20. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

These look great! The 'dog-face mini' is really creative!
    Very clean and neat work all around!
    Where are you sourcing more exotic woods? I've found several websites, but I prefer to hear feedback from people I trust first!
    Ok...now this purple heart beauty pops up and I have to edit my post!
    That came out amazing man, just great!! And the TBB is a great call, aesthetically speaking!
    That drum sander is a treasure, I'm always keeping my eye out for a decent-priced model

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013