My four latest Naturals

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Saderath, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Hey guys!

I haven't made any slingshots for quite a while now!
    I could not resist! I had to feed my addiction!
    So I scheduled the last 10 days around making a few,
    I hope you like them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

That's some beautiful work Saderath. I love the smooth lines of your naturals. I've been studying your work to try and understand how you create such well balanced pieces. You must have access to some great wood. I have yet to come across such a nice collection of uniform forks.

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Such nice ones! Great simetry! Aways amazing, Mr.Nicholas!

4. artons

artons New Member

Ok, now i'm really wondering how could you get that level of perfection, IT'S STUNNING!!!

5. bigjim

bigjim New Member

Yes I like it .
    I prefer the natural ones .
    And it looks like you did a good job .
    :)

6. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

The clue is in pictures #2 and #6. ;)

7. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

8. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Not sure if I catch your meaning. It would appear, based on your comment, that he is cutting these forks out of a larger piece of wood. But if you look at the ends of the forks, some, at least, show rings with a center originating in the fork itself. See picture #6 - both forks have a center to them. To my eye, at least, that would indicate these forks were natural, growing in the v shape naturally. Looking at picture #2, it looks possibly like the grain pattern could indicate it was cut from a larger piece of wood - it's kind of hard to see if each branch of the fork has a center core radiating out. Am I missing something?

9. Brazilviking

Yup!!! I agree!

10. dolomite

dolomite Banned

E, he uniforms them himself, they aren't perfect to begin with but he has the perfect eye for symmetry.

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Well as someone who doesn't have a background in woodworking, it would be very interesting to see a step by step in that process!

12. Brazilviking

LoOk the picture that Flipgun said. The forks aren't perfect, but thick. You cut inner or. Ut to make. Them symmetrical.

13. Saderath

Saderath Senior Member

Spot on Dolomite! I am a bit of a perfectionist and that reflects on my work :D

It all comes down to having a chunky fork to work with and bringing it down to the desired thickness and shape, any fork is suitable however badly shaped it is to start off. It is a time consuming process but I love every bit of it.

Please note that the third one was cut on the band saw, it was an enormous fork and the other 3 where made entirely by hand. There are things that hand tools can accomplice that machinery cant come close too.

Thank you all for your great comments!

Cheers
    Saderath

14. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Rozos wants to come live with me but I've got no funds:(. Hope it finds a good home.

15. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

i loves them all :)

j

16. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Pic #3 = perfect!

17. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Got it. That makes sense. I guess I need to be looking for much larger forks in the future. It may take a lot of work, but the results are absolutely fantastic. You certainly have some skill Saderath!

18. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Those are gorgeous.

19. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Realy nice naturals.

20. LW

LW New Member

seeing this pictures, it is hard not to visit your store and buy all of them... :D
    the one on the 5th picture is my favorite, but the wood of the third one ist just awsome.

Oh, and of course your work is awesome too...:D