The Slingshot Forums banner

My first Slingshot

3K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  knivesgotguns 
#1 ·
Made from red cedar. It's boardcut, and yeah, I know better now. Haha. About 5 minutes after I put the bands on it I had a fork hit and the fork snapped off. Cedar was just way too soft a choice, but I enjoyed making it anyway. I've since glued it back together to keep but not use. :)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice slingshot. Too bad for the fork break, but you learned a good lesson without any injury. Good experience to have and to carry on into the next build.

#6 ·
It's a sad image to see it broken. The design is so cool! Maybe you should have a higher fork in order to use tubes and this attachment style to the for. Bands have the advantage of being attached in "over the tips" style, making fork hits more difficult. If you have acess to aluminum plates, I'd do as Ryan said.

#7 ·
It's a sad image to see it broken. The design is so cool! Maybe you should have a higher fork in order to use tubes and this attachment style to the for. Bands have the advantage of being attached in "over the tips" style, making fork hits more difficult. If you have acess to aluminum plates, I'd do as Ryan said.

Sorry to interrupt, but where do you get that thick aluminum plate?

#8 ·

Sorry to interrupt, but where do you get that thick aluminum plate?
In Brazil? Mercadolivre.com.br....

#10 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I'm just starting out and can use all the tips I can get. Not sure if I have access to aluminum near me here in TN but I'll have a look around. I'm trying to laminate some 3/8 cedar right now. I'll see how this works out. I also just finished a white oak with cedar laminate handles. I'll post that too. I have plans to order some TBG unless I find another heavy band at Walmart that will work. Any advice there??

#14 ·
My advice...tbb instead of tbg, its my goal to convert as many to the "dark side" as possible, easier pull and faster at same draw than gold as well as being half the price.
i love the black and couldnt agree more. although in sunny areas i find it cant hold up ... sun seems to rip it apart much much faster

#15 ·
That's a real shame .... It was and looks amazing for sure

J was it accurate while you were shooting?
Thanks! I didn't really have time to tell how accurate it was before it broke. Haha. I'm still getting the hang of aiming with a slingshot and just deciding what technique is gonna work best for me.

#17 ·
Thanks! I didn't really have time to tell how accurate it was before it broke. Haha. I'm still getting the hang of aiming with a slingshot and just deciding what technique is gonna work best for me.
I use to really suck at aiming/shooting lol. Until I watched this video. I started making my ss ttf style too. [ame]http://youtu.be/PtXX896X1oM[/ame]. You might have seen it but just in case you haven't.

#21 ·
Most say tbg lasts longer but I find tbb lasts at least as long as tbg for me. It's all about finding the right band/ammo combo.
what is your go to ammo? the ammo you use the most of? and where do you get it from. my first ammo order was iron ore pellets from ebay. i would say it was good to learn on. it was easy to learn muscle memory. the ammo is inconstant in size and weight and i can really tell a difference now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.