My FIRST slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by bujak08, Aug 14, 2013.

1. bujak08

bujak08 New Member

Hello everyone! I'm come from Malaysia and a newcomer here.This is my first slingshot. I made it using branch saw, sand paper and some manual tools. Since i'm still new in slingshot world, i don't have any electric tool like jigsaw. I hope you like it. :)

Attached Files:

2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Man, that is a fantastic piece of art! Nice wood shaping hability. Now, let me give a more critical opinion.....:(
    When you shoot this type of assymetrical slingshot, there are some crucial strain points. A lot of pressure exists on the lower part of the palmswell, holded by the pinky finger and his neighboor.
    This carving may work as a weak spot, that can result in a slingshot break after some use. Of course that it depends on the resistance of the wood. You built it, you might know! Just be care! Congratulations!!!"

Attached Files:

3. bujak08

bujak08 New Member

thanks for the opinion. I really appreciate ot :)

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Very nice work! This must have been a really tough job with only hand tools! I love the amazing 'free form' design it has. Looks as though the wood is still alive and growing. Great job!

5. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

bujak: what kind of wood is it? Some tropical woods are **** tough, so the thin spot above the palmswell may not be a problem. Regardless, nice work on the carving and rustic finish.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. bujak08

bujak08 New Member

thanks :) i dont know. i get it from old couch. Someone told me it's a good quality of wood. :)

7. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Nothing wrong with reusing and repurposing. Let us know how it shoots.

8. bujak08

bujak08 New Member

Actually i'm still looking for good quality band. It's hard to fine theraband here. :) I'll show you later when i get a good quality band.

9. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

The wood really looks like mahogany to me, but that's expensive stuff to frame a couch with!
    If it is mahogany, then, as Studer said, its bloody tough!

10. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Nice form. Since this is a pinch grip, I do not think the slender part of the handle will pose a problem for structural integrity. I do think more sanding would be a great benefit to its show qualities.
    Good Job!

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Really nice Design! I look forward to your next SS. :cool:

12. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Really shmexy I loves it :)

J

13. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Really nice! It looks almost as the palmswell is twisted at the "weak spot". Great work :)