My first Slingshot

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by mvd, May 27, 2013.

1. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Build this today, pretty simple desing, hopefully for both tubing and flatbands (not sure about this, recommendations desired).
    Made out of a bended 6mm steel rod and the only cord that i had (hence the color).

[​IMG]

Unfortunately i do not have any slingshot-grade rubber, so no bands attached for the moment.

EDIT: Did some improvements:
    -Removed the taping from the lanyard, replaced with string
    -Added adhesive bandaging material for the grip
    -Added small pieces of lab rubber tube for protection of the (future) bands

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  2. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

nice, you can use tubes and flats on every slingshot, just depends on the way you attach them, do you want power and speed or durability?

3. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

For starters I think I am best suited with durability as I never shot with a slingshot with more power than a few offfice rubbers :eek:

4. roger59

roger59 Member

i like this type of shooter it is very much like the shooter i built growing up (minus the paracord handle) we wrought them out of wire, reo bar, 8mm round bar, 6mm round bar and twisted (twixt) coat hangers. very similar, and with office rubbers. very nice and keep em coming if ye need to.

5. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Thank you, I think I will build another one like this for my brother next week. Hopefully my ordered bands and ammo are here by then.