My First Slingshot: Antler

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by RanceParker, Aug 23, 2013.

1. RanceParker

RanceParker New Member

This is my first slingshot that I have made. It is made from deer antler and reinforced with steel rods. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYkkKQk59bs[/ame]

2. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

That looks great :)

J

3. Tremoside

Tremoside SINdustrial designer

Hi RP and welcome in the forum,

You made a good and honest start by showing this video and setting up your targets for the future. I agree with you about the filework on the metal joint. You solved many problems (welding etc) and the handle looks ergonomics too. I've seen how it fits in your palm and as the end supports the bottom of your hand. That small chunk was surprising for the first time, but I think it's also a great supporting area for the hand.

Let me share my constructive critics. The metal parts looks a bit separated from the overall form/shape. Maybe a smoother transition between the elements can help in the future. A larger diameter rod also a good point.

Beside the notes above, just take my congratulation!

Wish ya happy shootin' :)

Tremo

4. RanceParker

RanceParker New Member

Thanks Tremo for the advice. I know what you mean as far as the transitions between the steel and the antler. I will deffinately take your advice into my next slingshot. Thanks very much, Rance