My first progect.

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by beaverIII73, Nov 9, 2013.

1. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

Greetings all this will be my first post for a project that I have done. I have been following the slingshotchannel for a few months now and i think its a great site.
    I made a mini crossbow that shoots crossbow arrows. I hope you all like it. I shot it today for the first time and worked great. I shot it from ten yards, its very windy today (15-20 MPH) so I think it could be more accurate.
    I used plywood and MDFfor the frame and a few screws to hold it together. I planed to make an adjustable rear sight and a removable shoulder stock.
    Thank you Joerg for all of the great ideas and videos.:D

Attached Files:

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

First project, huh? Nice work! Looks like you've got some woodworking skills. I'd love to build something like this some day.

3. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Very nice welcome :)

J

4. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Nice build! Is that Gold's Gym rubber?

5. Can-Opener

Can-Opener New Member

Nice work! Looks like fun!

6. beaverIII73

Yes it is the golds gym rubber. It was the only thing I could find local. I ordered some thera band gold flat and silver tube. I am finding some flaws in my design. I'm getting chafing on the rubber and it is snapping apart. I think i has to do with how wide i made the fram. and cocking device. but it shoots great.

7. beaverIII73

So a week later and I've primed my X-bow and modified the front fork for a narrower band. I added a strip of painters tape to the cocking device and it seems to have a lot less chaffing. I had to miss match the band to get the power I needed because I'm still waiting on my order of theraband to get here. I plan to paint it a nice blue tomorrow if I get some better weather. And i'm also starting a new bulpup X-bow this weekend.

Attached Files:

8. WildBill

WildBill The Silly Song Guy

It looks both powerful and colorful... a veritable rainbow of destruction!

-Wild Bill