Okay, here's my first natural reveal. It's actually my 2nd, because the first is on its way to Dolomite for the Global Trade 2013. I have been working on these side by side. This piece is from a fig tree in our yard. I wasn't sure how this wood would do for a slingshot. It was really wet when I cut it. As some of you may recall, I attempted my first speed dry in a microwave, which worked out really well - no cracks in the fork whatsoever. There was also concern expressed that fig may not be strong enough for a slingshot, but I can tell this is plenty strong. I've currently got it banded with a single layer of TBG, but I think it could handle at least a double layer. I've got finger grooves cut for TTF shooting. I finished it with several coats of BLO as well as several coats of spray poly, with some sanding in-between coats. Finally, I finished it off with some 0000 steel wool to give it a very smooth finish as well as to knock down some of the glossiness of the poly. I call this one the White Flame. The fig wood doesn't have a lot of character itself, it's kind of a plain wood. Even BLO doesn't do much to it, it stays very light in color. As I was filing and sanding, I decided to leave some of the sub-layers of bark to give it more interest. At the base there was an area of this remaining bark that kind of ended up in the shape of a flame. It was completely accidental, it just formed as I was sanding, but I liked it, so I left it alone. Let me know what you think. The original cut: Initial stripping: Drying - it lost quite a bit of water weight: Pre-finish - you can see the 'flame' at the base: The finished slingshot: You'll have to wait until the Global Trade reveal to see my first natural via Dolomite. Until then, I'd love to hear what you think. It's no Saderath natural, but I'm pretty pleased. And yes, it shoots great!