My First Catch Box

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by BBM, Aug 21, 2013.

1. BBM

BBM New Member

Hey folks, as some of you know I just built my first two slingshots and they came out fairly decent. Anyway I hadnt shot a slingshot since I was very young and just stumbled across the new modern styles a few weeks ago.

Anyway, after making these slingshots and not knowing how they perform I ordered up some flat band sets along with some 3/8" steel ammo, after a few days I recieved my items to finish my slingshots. Now they were together I had to make a make shift target (catch box). I made one out of a realestate sign I found in a field and it worked ok but I wanted something better!!

So this afternoon I set out to build me what I think to be a very nice target with lots of space and ways to mount up some things. Right now its just put together, I have not glued it yet, I want to use it for a few days. I may want to change it up a bit.

Here are some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

Looks like a decent rig....maybe a box or something similar to catch the falling balls at the bottom?

3. BBM

BBM New Member

Yes Sir, looks like I left out the box part? Lol, I will post a few more pics when I am completely done.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Looking good! That roll of paper on the top is very smart thinking!

5. Moin moin,
    It really missing is a box underneath to catch the balls .... Or the fabric in a loop preferable below.
    Which remain the balls are in it.
    The box front is good, the balls are not thrown back to the front again, but will often have to be replaced ....

Es fehlt eigentlich nur noch eine Kiste zum Auffangen der Kugeln darunter.... Oder die Stoffbahn als Schlaufe unten vorgezogen.
    Das die Kugeln darin liegen bleiben.
    Der Karton davor ist gut, das die Kugeln nicht wieder nach vorne zurück geschleudert werden, wird aber oft ausgewechselt werden müssen....

6. BBM

BBM New Member

Thanks fellas, yeah I haven't finished it yet. I have enough material to loop it up and make a catch so nothing will hit the ground.

Thanks Will I put that paper on there for a target, all you need is a marker! I am not sure you can see it but I put a fold in the bottom of the paper and stapled it so I could put a brass rod in it for weight to keep the target fairly tight, the rod rests on the lower support cross member. The bottom cross member is for solid targets, I still need to mount on there my attachments on it. As well as the paper roll holder, you can take off the paper or when you run out and I have holes drilled in it so I can hang targets off the top! Catching the ammo is an easy fix just thought you folks would want to see the progress I made in a very short amount of time.

7. Alukuchen

Alukuchen Senior Member

This paper roll feature is ingenious! Good job!

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Great thinking! You could also fill the pipes on the base with sand prior to gluing. This would add some nice extra stability.

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I have some spare wood might make one :/ great little ;) catch box

J

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice job! I see lots of possibilities with that one.