My first attempt at a plyboard SS

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Obl1v1Aus, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

So I've been a bit bored over the last week as I am currently on holidays (and another week to go). I've been going through my workshop and packing up alot of my tools as I am also moving house, and in the process losing my workshop :-(.

In the cleanup I cam across a few boards of 16mm Marine Ply (at least that's what I'm told its called) and thought that would be a good quick final project for the workshop.

I've never done any sort of shaping on ply before, and this is the first SS I've ever made out of wood. So while I ws working on some personal firsts I thought why not set it up for flatbands (I'm a heathen tube shooter) and change my grip style as well (as I shoot hammer grip).

Here is what I have done so far

sorry about how blurry the pics are, the lighting in my house is quite terrible for photo's it seems.

Attached Files:

• SS1.jpg
      SS1.jpg
      File size:
      38.6 KB
      Views:
    • SS2.jpg
      SS2.jpg
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
  2. kineticweaponry

kineticweaponry Senior Member

Very nice, shame you loosing the workshop :(

3. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

It is a real shame, and my new landlord isn't too keen on me using an angle grinder in the lounge room.
    But I'll make the most of the next week and hopefully finish this one off, I just hope my Theraband arrives soon.

4. Otees

Otees Another Member

Great job, Its great that you got your hands on plywood. I don't have any... Its a shame your moving. My last day of holidays is today...

5. Obl1v1Aus

Obl1v1Aus Meh!

Ive managed to find a couple more boards in amongst the crap I've accumulated over the years, I might have to rip it down into some 100x150mm slabs before I finish moving so I can make some more stuff with my hand tools.

6. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

I like its shape

J

7. G_Y

G_Y aiming the less

nice asymmetrik look, make more of this kind.

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Very nice looking. I can't wait to see the finished product.

It's a shame you are loosing your workshop.

9. ODslap

ODslap New Member

Very nice indeed,with an hour or two sanding and tweaking it could be a belter mate,good stuff

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice job so far.
    PS: I like tubes too, gonna order some soon ;)