My everyday carry guitars :)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KnuckieG, Aug 3, 2013.

1. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Elsewhere I've posted my mate Steve Hart's catties which I suggested he have a go at making two months ago but his main obsession (and mine lol!) is extended range guitars so it would be churlish of me not to show off my axes!

The shape we call the Triskerra (3 horns) they both have satinwood necks but the lighter coloured one has a sycamore/yew/sycamore body the other has a 1 piece walnut body. The pickups are EMG and Seymour Duncan Blackouts topped with burlwood veneers and are both 30" scale, 8 string guitars which I down tune to the same as a 5 string bass guitar tuning.

The HART Triskerra 8 sting 1.JPG

Grants 2nd HART Triskerra sisters.JPG My next one will be a 28"scale, 41 fret (!!!) guitar with a slightly altered shape so my fingers can fit!!!

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

These are beautiful! Amazing craftsmanship there!

3. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Thanks Will! The half moon cutaway at the bottom is where you rest on your thigh sitting down. The scale length is 4.5" longer than a usual guitar so its a huge advantage to be as close to the bridge as possible. Plus you don't get as dramatic a neck dive as other guitars a blessing for good posture! I'm very lucky I know it but it's spoiled me forever all "normal" guitars feel really short now,like I'm holding ukelele's lol!

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Yeah, that is a monster scale length! The shape does look quite ergonomic and accessible, and it looks as though the body design helps to balance the larger neck and fretboard.

5. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

We spent a bit of time on balance issues since I play sitting down 99% of the time but its actually the ledge bit at the bottom I usually rest on my right thigh rather than the cutaway. Steve put the strap buttons in the perfect places forcing the guitar to sit up unaided. I've been playing far too quickly for 27 years so back,upper right quadrant and hand/ wrist problems are my constant enemy this guitar is the least aggravating design possible. On the sycamore one can you see the cute girls face Will? Look closely I have a dryad for company :D

6. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

Here's a clearer picture can you see her? :D 100_1493 (copy).JPG

7. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

I'm looking at these on my phone, so I can't see it. But then, I am distracted by all that beautiful wood grain and design! I love emg pickups, by the way, they are amazing

8. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ahhh!! There it is!

9. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member

:D pretty isn't she? Lol! The emg pickups are superb but the seymour duncan blackout pickup is jaw droppingly good much recommended! Those are carvin pickups in the walnut guitar they hold their own too! The main problem I have is tuning so low theres the occasional lack of clarity so I use a signal booster to give everything a wee hike. For nerds like me the tuning is B,E,b,e,a,d,/f#gb,b string gauges 80-8

10. Camo-sling

Camo-sling New Member

11. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Now we know why those slingshots were so amazing! Your mate is an artist!!

12. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

13. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Amazing! Really nice Work ;)1+

14. KnuckieG

KnuckieG New Member