My Big Ass Slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Flippinout, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Flippinout

Flippinout New Member

A good friend hunts in the desert of south Texas and brought me back some spectacular mesquite forks. One particular fork was massive and I turned it into my 'big ass slingshot'. I just call it BASS. I suppose it could be shot, but for perspective, the ammo at it's base is 25mm!! This slingshot simply makes me happy when I look upon it... I just love slingshots!

The raw fork
    [​IMG]

Without bark
    [​IMG]

and finished up with massive bands and a pouch that can shoot tennis balls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Wow!! First of all, this is a beautiful piece of work and what a fine display item to have around!! The finish is flawless!
    Can you imagine the wrists required to pull this thing?:D

3. Obelix

Obelix Delete

Absolut great job and slingshot. How big is this Slingshot? How wide is the fork?

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

nice pfs for hulk or bigfoot! :D

those linatex bands seem that they are harder to cut without nicks than tbg. :confused:

5. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I'd put it in my livingroom as a sculpture. That's why you made that pedestal, right?

7. artons

artons New Member

You're an artist, sir

8. greenevegiebeast

greenevegiebeast New Member

9. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Oh wow... I can't imagine the patience that you must have to give that huge piece of art that wonderful finish... Fantastic! [​IMG]

10. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

:eek: wow. It only belongs to the perspective. The first picture without your feet and it would look normal.
    GREAT WORK.

11. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Great Work! 1+ :D
    That would be grade, to see it in your Hand :cool:

12. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Dat fork got some reall sass :p

J

13. JoergS

JoergS Administrator

Nice!

I would have butchered that fork and made one more hammergrip shooter from it... but you preserved it's beauty. That must go into the living room.

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

:eek: Awesome work sir! Love the wood and great finish. Would be interesting to see the Bass in your hand.

15. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

He said the ammo is 25mm--1 inch. If you scale the picture you get roughly 8-10 inches tall with about 4-5 inch opening between forks.

Definitely a beauty of Amazonian proportions. I had no idea Mesquite was so gorgeous--i know the work chips will taste great on the BBQ though:D

16. Hardtimes

Hardtimes Member

They simply say it better than I can.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXN1yxax448[/ame]

17. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wow, amazing work! That's really a "full size shooter". Is there a "how-to-shoot" manual. I assume that the slingshot has to be hold with both hands, but how to draw and release the pouch....:confused: