my 2 "new" shooters :)

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by slawek, Aug 11, 2013.

1. slawek

slawek New Member

Hi, just made those two, wanna share :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

firs't one is my "pocket" slingshot made from 10mm acryl, second one is my attempt to make stickshot ;) its top heavy, should help when i shoot it :p newer tried this kind of slingshot its dangerous ?

And also u can see my ammo, 2x50 pieces of marbles :)

2. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Nice work Slawek! Both look very nice :)

Stickshooting is not dangerous as long as you flip ;)

3. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I like tha acrilic a lot!!!
    As for the stickshot, I can't tell... This concept of shooter goes against my beliefs for a practical weapon.(my personal opinion). But it also looks nice.... Tactical.

4. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Very nice, both of them! I think the stickshot looks great! May be wise to wear a glove until you get accustomed to the feel of shooting it.

5. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Heed Will's advice. When testing my first stickshot, I wore an alpinestars gp style motorcycle glove, the marble didn't release properly and hit my pinkie knuckle...ouch!:eek: Still not sure about going back to it.

6. slawek

slawek New Member

Thats what iam afraid to, iam 99% sure my 1st shot with this kind of weapon i will shoot my hand :p i made this stickshot top heavy its made out from some metal and handle is from wood so its "naturally" go flip after shoot but still i think i fail :p maybe i just put it away heheh.

7. slawek

slawek New Member

Yea i like it to, and this thing is so accurate:) its little but its fits my hand very well i use finger grip for this and its work like a charm. I still have one piece left maybe do another one :)

8. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Minis ......... I loves THEM

J

9. CEZ

CEZ New Member

Hi Sławek, twist and tweak the pouch, search for PFShooter on youtube for a detailed description of these terms. He uses this technique to shoot his PFS slingshots which have practically no fork at all. Nice looking slingshots!

10. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Very nice!! i love the look of the see-trough acrilic!! the stickshot should be okay to shoot, are you used to flipping?

11. slawek

slawek New Member

nop, never did shoot that thing :p

12. Schultz

Schultz New Member

13. slawek

slawek New Member

Today i was shooting a bit with my new mini and... i hit my hand twice... OUCH! quite painful experience for me :p

14. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Ouch!! I've always found that if I grasp the injured hand firmly between my knees, and then hop around, yelling very bad words that it will make the hurt go away faster:D

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Nice job for both. I love that mini acryl.

16. slawek

slawek New Member

HI!
    iam just back from my local store with this : [​IMG]and i put it on my natural fork, like this: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i have to say this thing is AMAZING, atleast for me and for my experience with slingshots. Its way more powerfull then bands i alredy used even if i have double per side. This tubular i need to use alot more strenght to pull them to full size and they shoot just great. First i tried some marbles on beer can and 1st shot just wrecked it, then i tried 14mm hexnut and WOW it went through the can land whats left was just big hole in the middle.

Since real TBG is quite expensive for me and that one "TBG like" i bought was like half cheap but i found they not last wery long, well for truth they cant last even one day thats why i want try to use this tubular ones i hope they last very long before i need to change them. They are not expensive, something about 4 euro so i can easly get new ones if they break. But for now iam very happy i bought this ones :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  17. slingpit

slingpit Slingshot addicted

Nice slingshots. All of them.;)
    I like shooting with tubes too. Especially on cold days. Tubes are not so
    sensitive at low temperatures tha TBG.

18. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

"newer tried this kind of slingshot its dangerous ?"

They scare the cra p out of me. Which is not to say they don't shoot well if shot right.

19. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I'm not experienced with those...and still learning abot slingshots, but the stickshot concept activates my orthopaedic sense......and gives the same warning that I have looking at the external fixator frames of some of my students..........something like "this is not going to work...."
    Please forgive me stickshot lovers. Just my opinion.