Mutant Ninja gypsy tabbed office braids

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Ravensbull, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

This shooter is just plain fun and a joy to shoot! I haven't seen anyone here post about this extremely cheap,no-tool,no-fuss banding method so here is mine! This whole rig is designed by Charles from SSF. The frame is his modification on the Small Ninja design by Dayhiker. Both of these gentlemen I consider in the "Living Legends" ranks, and I will likely mention many more as I build from contributed designs. Without rambling on much more, the recipe for the braids I used from Charles' advisory is from pouch to fork: 64,64,64,64/32,64/32,64/64 each side. Now this can be modified and fine tuned for power and length so easily that my nine year old daughter assembled one side in about 5 minutes.These do not have the speed and power of Theraband or some fast chinese tubes, but they do well enough to likely take small game with 3/4" or so rocks or around .40 cal give or take lead. Marbles go well too. Minimal handslap even shooting light stuff and far quieter than most other setups. I figured this may fire up some new guys seeing the bags of 64s were about $1.80 and the 32s were around $.75 cents at Wal-Mart. A little leather for the pouch and tabs and even a quick rustic job natural fork is ready for duty!

Attached Files:

2. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Nice little shooter!

3. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I just noticed that these pics were taken after breaking a band at the pouch and having to untie a tab to reloop/braid starting at the pouch. Then remove one from other side for the balance. This is why the fork ties are different and sloppy as I recycled the broken 64 to replace that tie while outside with numbing fingers. Couldn't quit while gettin' my shoot on..!

4. AngelicScars

AngelicScars MILF of the board

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Very interesting band alternative!

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

This is what we used to do at school back in the day. Loop a few office bands together with a paperclip pouch and shoot bits of rolled up paper at each other bare back from the 'V' sign. (Offensive way round of course!) Might stick some on a slingshot and shoot down memory lane :)

7. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

Yeah Scoob! Done somethings similar and even scored a detention or two always being the one to get busted returning fire...

8. Ravensbull

Ravensbull New Member

I really encourage people to give these bands a shot. If you don't like it, your loss is next to nothing. The night before last I used it to flip baby carrots and small chunks of apple out my kitchen window for the few rare deer here now with the DNR (Do Nothing Right) reintroducing wolves... A doe and two yearling button bucks are all I see. They were standing watching me shoot the bits around the backyard from about 20 yards away. Never spooked but were nervous seeing I normally throw by hand. Soon as I shut the window they were nose shoveling the snow for treats.

9. Lacumo

Lacumo Member