Most special Slingshot, a gift from Mr.Arturo

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by Brazilviking, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Together with all the wave of gifts I got on my nephew birthday (seemed to be mine!:D) came the most honorable shooters I've ever got! Please forgive-me Flicks and Saderath, but my attention came specially for the gift from our Happy Shooter, Mr.Arturo.
    He is a person that inspires respect, serenty, experienca and joy. This comes on his works (and he claims to be a bad builder....LIE!)
    2 clone slingshots with different models! I had to make quite a bargain with my dad to keep them both (I gave my precious....)
    See for yourselves!

Attached Files:

• a.jpg
      a.jpg
      File size:
      242.3 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      163.9 KB
      Views:
    • c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      216 KB
      Views:
    • d.jpg
      d.jpg
      File size:
      92.9 KB
      Views:
    • e.jpg
      e.jpg
      File size:
      215.3 KB
      Views:
    • f.jpg
      f.jpg
      File size:
      174 KB
      Views:
    • g.jpg
      g.jpg
      File size:
      121.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Ryan Wigglesworth

Ryan Wigglesworth Senior Member

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Beautiful works of art Arturo - is that bamboo? Love those PFS's. You guys are driving me crazy with all these PFS's lately. I must break down and and make one. So many great craftsman here. Thanks for sharing that with us BV.

4. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

I am really happy you liked doctor Raul, your kind and indulgent words means so much for me, even much more than all kind comments I've received about my shooting, I tried to do my best with my limited skills and tools and always knew that I could never reach not near as our incredible craftsman ficks or Saderath, so I am very satisfied not because what that modest pieces of bamboo are but what they mean to you, I remember my friends flicks and Saderath happiness that one of their awesome creations were in my hands, today I feel same reward and happiness to know that mine are in good hands and a good home! ...

Cheers
    Arturo

PS: I've made a mistake hurried up sending and forgot to sign one of them but you can do it for me with an ink pencil if you wish (lol no one will note that it is an "authorized" falsification lol!)
    btw very nice pictures, you are quite a photo pro !

Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  5. Arturo Borquez

Ryan and Withak thank you so much for your kind words !
    Cheers
    Arturo

6. Bighaze51

Bighaze51 Professional Amateur Dude

Those are sweet! Mr. Arturo, you are a better craftsman than you think
    Withak, you know you want to! They are addicting!

7. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Simply stunning. Top quality work Arturo!

8. BeMahoney

BeMahoney Builder of things

Once more

It´s once more the "simple things"...
    Lovely bamboo shooters!

cheers to Chile, Brazil and anywhere :)

Be

9. flicks

flicks ...lost in the woods....

Wow! Amazing slingshots from the slingmaster himself!!! I suppose with built in accuracy on bottlecaps and playcards :D Very nice, you are a lucky guy BV!

10. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

If the accuracy came built in the shooter, I ruined it with my clumsy style of shooting!:D:D

11. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

Simple, clean lines, and pleasant contours. A most elegant pair.

Good work Arturo.
    Excellent photos too, BV.

12. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

great work arturo!! you're much better than you think!! i love the look of the bamboo

13. Arturo Borquez

thanks onnod, I've did it as simple a possible to avoid ruining, so only rounding the cut, bamboo board is a very good material, extremely strong and very hard to sand (by hand), I was tempted to cut more frames but my forearm said NO ! I prefer to keep it healthy for shooting :D ... so sadly I will not build more until better tools :eek: ...
    Cheers
    Arturo

14. FIAAO

FIAAO Failureisalwaysanoption

Arturo, I have said that you are not a bad builder before... and now you have proved it yourself! (That you are not bad) Both look very nice and smooth, great work! If you want cheap tools, keep an eye on your hardware store. I got a pillar-drill for half the original price because it had been on display in the shop :)

15. Arturo Borquez

apropos I forgot to mention, gently polish them with a soft cloth and the genius will pop up ... "I am ready to please your wishes my master" ... and you will request him "genius unleash the magic" ... and that's all, you will be done, granted :D
    Cheers
    Arturo

16. MountainStorm

MountainStorm Termite

Lovely shooters. I love the end grain pores...like carp at the surface eager to grab a morsel. A generous and thoughtful gift.

17. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

[​IMG] BV! Again? You're keeping us bizzaaay! Laughing…

Congratulations on your two new boo shooters. It looks to me like you are going to have some awesome fun with those. I feel that I must give to you the same advice that I gave Mr Arturo. Start juggling!

Happy shooting! [​IMG]

18. Thistle

Thistle RESIGNED

And to Mr Arturo: Super job!

What is it about bamboo? It's such a happy wood, I think. I even like that word. [​IMG]

19. Arturo Borquez

oh yes Thistle and it comes with the Genius inside, he always pleases you ;)
    look what he did for me
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VIph3OQi6U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VIph3OQi6U[/ame]

Cheers
    Arturo

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013