Most accurate hand held slingshot?

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by jnmbhj, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jnmbhj

jnmbhj Slingshots FTW

What is the most accurate slingshot that someone has built, I mean something that is easy to shoot and will hit the target with ease.

2. CJW

CJW New Member

That is different with everybody. Not everyone finds the same slingshot comfortable. The ones I find most accurate for me are the. SPS, Bill Hays Scorpion , Ranger and Seal Sniper.

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

3. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I don't know there is such a thing, as long as human hands are involved. The problem is that there are a lot of variables from your grip, the way you grip and release the pouch, how you aim, whether your draw is consistent in length and completely equal to each of the forks, the condition and type of bands, even the temperature can have an effect on the final outcome of the shot. Couple that with variations in the weight, size and shape of your ammo and you have a lot of things that have to go right to maintain accuracy. I don't know that there is any design out there that can overcome all of those factors. In reality, I believe that many different designs can be very accurate if you practice, practice, practice, and as Arturo says, work on release, release, release. Heck, Arturo can nail his targets using a slingshot made from a cell phone. It's not the slingshot there, but his skill that makes those shots.

4. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

+1

Sent from my iPad using Slingshot Forum

5. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

In general, symetric forks and bands are good for acuracy, other than that it only depends on your skills(as Withak said, mostly the release.)

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

There are no acurate slingshots. The acuracy belongs to the person who uses the slingshot. Try sooting 1000 times a day. in 50 day you might be getting more acurate.

7. Lacumo

Lacumo Member

Withak and BV nailed it. Accuracy is the result of the shooter’s experience, ability, proficiency and technique---not the result of the slingshot used. The slingshot used may help or hinder accuracy to some degree, but it’s not going to be the primary determining factor. If you practice for 30 to 60 minutes every day, your accuracy will improve dramatically.

Find a frame that feels good in your hand and is comfortable to shoot and then shoot for at least half an hour every day.

8. onnod

onnod Im from Holland, isnt that weird?

Accuracy depends on the shooter, if your bands are even ofcoarse :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Slingshot Forum mobile app

9. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

Practice Practice Practice!

Hey at least ammo is cheaper than firearms. Even if you factor in a new slingshot once a week it's still cheaper than bullets.