Modified Barnett Strike Nine

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by VWscooby, Dec 27, 2013.

1. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

I found a Barnett Strike Nine out one day at work, the handle was pretty cracked and it had a couple of fork hit marks in it but that just made it ripe for modifying!

I took off the plastic handle and treated it to a paracord wrap with a built in adjustable wrist loop then cut the tubes off and banded it with Rolyan extra strength flat bands.

Its turned what I find to be a fairly poor slingshot into a nice finger support, Dankung style shooter. And it was free, the best price!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

James

2. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

Nicely done Scooby! You're right, it does look like a nice Dankung shooter now. Nice work on the paracord wrap and adjustable wrist strap. Way to save an old slingshot.

What is it with all the folks finding stuff like this? WB finds a saw, others have found various slingshots. Where are these magical places where slingshot-related items just appear from the void? Must I say some incantation? Do I need to say "Beetlejuice" 3 times?

Congrats on adding a fine shooter to your lineup!

3. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

That IS the way to turn one into a descent shooter.

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Just shows to go ya that we're growing.

5. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Well, where I found it looked like somewhere Beetlejuice would live! I was doing bird control on a Recycling Centre when my hawk took off over some wasteland over the road. Found her sat in a tree and on my way back there was the slingshot!

It was a horrible, boggy, bleak-looking patch of land but a fork hunter can never be put off so I went back over at the end of the day and managed to get a couple of interesting looking forks too :)

Still looking for that elusive scroll saw 'lost' in the woods though!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  6. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I got a similar story. Well it's not really similar at all but I got a free bandsaw. Can't remember how I did anything without it now