The Slingshot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Brothers Willow €52 EU / $73 World

Two little natural Y branches that came of one gnarly Willow, the bigger brother with a perfect fork and very interesting grain and the little brother with a crooked recurve. Both have purple(heart) butts from their adventures.
Designed for tube rubber to be slipped onto the forks and possibly secured with other rubber. But can be fitted with flats too.

Even though its willow and the forks are really thin, the branches have full rings in and they are very Strong.. I tried to brake them with my arms but couldnt.

AVAILABLE FOR SALE:D

~Wood:~ Willow ( see photo of the tree for possible identification of the species )
~Finish:~ 24h RLO bath
~Tools:~ Saw, Mora knife, Sandpaper to 240 grit, Ragcloth,epoxy glue,
~Rubber:~ Dankung 5080 7 and 1/2 inches active length & TBG straights 1/2 inch x 9 inches active length.
~Pouch:~ Back n white Supersure pouch &Leon13 2inch black pouch
~Weight:~ cca 25 and 20 grams
~Price:~ USD 70 for the bigger and USD 35 for the smaller crooked recurve, USD 100 both, shipping included

Payment options: SEPA transfer, Bitcoin (5%off!), Paypal (Gift only),
Thanks for watching and if you have some feedback for possible improvement please feel free to share

CLICK on this picture for more pictures:

5#-6# MinY - Brothers Willow

·
aka Whitehawk!
4,700 Posts
Nice looking naturals there - I like the purpleheart caps. I'm sure you'll have these snapped up in no time.

·
SINdustrial designer
566 Posts
Hi John,

These are looking lovely! Great and unique proportions. Excellent in taste. Like the finish and the clean forms too!

Congratulations my Friend and bests for sale them well,
Tremo

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice looking naturals there - I like the purpleheart caps. I'm sure you'll have these snapped up in no time.
Thanks With a k ! I like them too, it was my first time using wood I bought.

Hi John,

These are looking lovely! Great and unique proportions. Excellent in taste. Like the finish and the clean forms too!

Congratulations my Friend and bests for sale them well,
Tremo
Thanks Tremo! I appreciate your words very much. :)
Very nice.
Thanks man!

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hmmm... I guess people don't like to click on slingshot registry links.... only one third of people who viewed this thread went to the registry.
Ill take some more photos later and post them directly here then.

For now just pics of the donor tree, if someone knows the species of the willow pls tell me since I don't :) Thanks!

Attachments

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No love for the tree :eek:

I realized I put the pricetags in Euro which was a MISTAKE: the prices are USD 70 and USD 35 or USD100 both together. Bands, pouches, shipping included.
:rolleyes:

Speaking about bands, I took some photos of them banded up, and since I don't have any smaller tubes the smaller one comes with TBG 1/2 inch x 9 inches active length and with a Leon13 2inch pouch. The bigger has 7.5 inches 5080 active length and a Supersure pouch.

I think the pair looks good with TBG and 5080 as bands and attachment "strips" respectively. Waddya all think?

Attachments

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to ask, is there a reason to be afraid of that tube attachment on the bigger one? Since the forks are in a 90° angle to the tube rubber when pulled? Someone on the other forum said it wont last, but 5080 is thicker then tbg and tbg last long when the pressure is on the middle of band.

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If someone wants this pair or one of them, I am more than willing to negotiate the price. Or maybe even to trade something for them. So feel free to post an offer.

·
weird kid in the corner
237 Posts
These are cool! I made some like this a while back but with muscle wood, and a padouk end cap.

I SEE YOU LIEUTENANT DAN!!!!!!!!!

·
Loudest boom on Earth
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Tubes :)
Price reduced!
<article>
Bigger bro:
+bandset + EU shiping €37
+bandset + Worldwide shipping $50
Smaller bro: