Mini Hammerhead in Bamboo A few weeks ago I stopped by one of the local thrift stores to see if I could find any used cutting boards - wood or HDPE, to use as slingshot stock. I tried 3 different stores, not a single cutting board. Then I tried one 2 blocks from my office - score! I walked out with 3 wood cutting boards in great condition. This is something new for me. My first boardcut (not counting the popsicle stick shooter) as well as my first attempt at a "hammerhead" design. While time to build has been limited, and will likely continue to be that way for a while yet, I did take the time to print out some various templates and mark one of the boards for cutting. I was able to fit quite a few on the board and was thinking about maybe a PFS or two on the edges to get as much out of the board as possible. Looking at the space I had and the grain direction, I couldn't see it quite work out, so I got a different idea - a mini hammerhead. I printed out a drawing someone had posted and kept reducing the scale until it fit. I tried to lay it out so that the grain pattern would give the most strength, though I had no plans to put a couple of layers of TBG on this thing. A little work, some over-cuts with my jig saw (got too close to the pattern and cut too deep in some spots), some sanding with the Dremel and finally finishing it off with some regular sandpaper and it turned out pretty decent. For a finish, I did nothing more than about 5 coats of CA with a sanding of 600 grit between the last 2 coats. If you look closely, you an still see areas where I messed up with the jigsaw and cut too deep, leaving some marks I just couldn't remove for fear of taking off too much material. It's banded with a single layer of TBB, 1.5cm to 1cm taper, attached to a Ray's Supersure magnetic pouch. It's a BB shooter, and it works quite well I must say. My daughter seems to think it's hers, I just don't know if I can do that . But I did mark the board for 2 of these, so maybe she can have this one All of the laminations you see are part of the original cutting board - I've added nothing to it. You can see where the forks are dovetailed into the handle - that was a point on the cutting board where a different edge piece was glued into the main board. Everything seems quite strong, including those narrow forks - but they are almost a full 2.5 cm thick. I'll keep the bands light for BB's and airsoft ammo only and just enjoy it that way. Anyway, let me know what you think! I consider this just more practice since I'd hope to do a better job of cutting on the next one. Update: per Joerg, this is really a 'hammerhead' design rather than a true moorhammer, so I have made an update to my post to reflect that.