..micarta tests.. ganjarta, tecarta, macarta..whatsorever..

Discussion in 'Show off your homemades!' started by fabi, Jun 25, 2014.

1. fabi

fabi Junior Member

..cheers again :)

..i had some resin left over, and tried some materials..
    i was curious how they would look..

..first some industrial hemp leafs, then aluminum foil and finally some parts i cut out of some old macbooks..

..just the first tries, but especially the handle for the knive came out really nice.. although its not finished, some inlays from black wood or white bone.. i don´t know yet..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

..i definetly make more of the hemp micarta :)

cheers,
    fabi

Attached Files:

2. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

That hemp micrata is impressive.

3. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Make some micarta out of a block of soapbar.

4. fabi

fabi Junior Member

@ dolomite: only, if you catch it while showering :D

5. Gniaffron

Gniaffron Junior Member

Nice ones! the leaves are a good idea! If you have access to fresh coconut, I suggest taking the fresh fibers (they are sort of red and it is quite nice as well), or seeds (I have tried poppy seeds but I haven't seen the result while shaped yet...)

6. Courier

Courier Senior Member

Verdammt... I really like the knive handle with the leaves in it.

7. JohnKrakatoa

JohnKrakatoa Loudest boom on Earth

Very cool ! Ill definitely make some leaf carta now !

8. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Only in your prison fantasy pally. Suggestion: look up soapbar on Google, you'll be better informed.
    Or...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKceQT0Scg4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKceQT0Scg4[/ame]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  9. JohnKrakatoa

I just had a thought, wont the fresh leafs rot in some time? even thought its in the resin I would think that some oxygen and bacteria are there ...hm? waddyall think?

10. Achso_42

Achso_42 Senior Member

I've seen paperweights made from dandelion blossoms that were treated like these leafs, they stay fresh "forever"(according to the manufacturer)

11. noah013

noah013 Member

Wow! What's that for stuff?! It's awesome! That leave micarta looks so cool! Where can you get that?

Greetings, Noah013

12. FilipNilssob

FilipNilssob Lactose is my Kryptonite

Could you just do that with grass because it looks great!

13. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

You should trademark that name "ganjarta". :D

14. JohnKrakatoa

My naive mind cant believe that anyone, who thought up the term ganjarta and has some hemp leaves nearby, would trademark anything. Sharing and Caring => Progress :)

15. uberfreak9

uberfreak9 Lord Of Crows

I agree. Share the ganjarta! :D Seriously, I am actually anti copyright and anti patent/trademark but I doubt the capitalists here will like to hear that. :)

16. bigdh2000

bigdh2000 Administrator

I wonder if you can ship ganjarta worldwide?

17. JohnKrakatoa

Well,, there is very little THC in hemp leafs....and since its in resin, I doubt hounds will smell it and Xrays see it.

18. fabi

fabi Junior Member

@dolomite: i only find soap bars as i imagined :)
    ..but really nice tune!

@JohnKrakatoa: ..i can remember a book for handcrafting from the 70ies from my childhood, where this way was common for conservating flowers and stuff.. i hope it will last long..

@noah013: made this by myself, i use some common 2K-epoxy resin..

@FilipNilssob: i would, but it would be a waste, because smoking that slingshot could be unhealthy due to the resin :D

@JohnKrakatoa & uberfreak9: if ou live in the eu and pay the shipment, i can send you some :)

@bigdh2000: for sure :D it´s just industrial hemp leaves with nearly or no thc at all, i have a field nearby.. but i doubt they would try to analyze it ;)

..you can buy some bird-food, they often contain hemp-seeds.. 6 weeks to go and you have a great green air conditioner.. makes good climate and is recycable up to the root.. :D i can imagine using the fibers of the stem for sth..
    and very unpretentious, just some water :D i can recommend that for people without a green thumb :D

next micarta project: dead bugs and butterflies..

cheers,
    fabi

19. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Fabio, there's no space in soapbar. It's super low quality hash found in the UK, contains all sort of contamination from plastic bits to sawdust and diesel fuel...super disgusting stuff.

20. JohnKrakatoa

Fabi , send what? teh ganjarta or the hemp? I eat hemp seeds I have like 5kg on me :D So I wont have a problem with getting them. But I think I will make some nettlecarta (nettlecatty :D ) so I dont have to wait for the hemp to grow xD Or something from our garden.