Marbles from Michaels $2.79

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by tivo532, Jan 11, 2014.

1. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Marbles from Michaels $2.79 > Now $1.39!

Bought one bag for $2.79. Almost the same from Daisy. ~14mm. Available in different colors.
    Good price as practice ammo. ~95-100 marbles/bag.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

I buy my marbles at the dollar store

3. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

I bought a bag from dollar store buy they are way too big! ~25mm. What size do you get?

4. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

I have a tub full of both kinds. Cheap marbles are good for blowing up when doing fork walks.

5. 4foruglenncoco

4foruglenncoco Member

The ones I get are a 1/2 inch

6. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Good for you! That's ~13mm. I like that size too. I'll visit other dollar stores.

7. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

My local dollar stores and michael's don't seem to carry round marbles. Hobby Lobby sells them online pretty cheap. Garage sales do pretty well for my wife and her sisters (they look for me. I can't stand garbage sales).

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Every time I have gone into Michaels looking for marbles they have been out of round ones. They sure are cheaper than the ones Trumark makes and are available at retail.

9. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I have trouble finding round marbles at the dollar stores in our area, but Michael's is usually a good source. Have you tried looking in the flower arranging area? They are usually found in that are and are not going to be called 'marbles', but are actually with the 'decorative' rocks and stones for things like flower arrangements and centerpieces. I can usually find plenty at my local Michael's. Also, to save even more, watch the papers for the occasional 40% off coupon - they do them pretty regularly. They had a special going at Christmas time, I got 5 bags for about $1.25 each. I just wish I had bought some more.

10. Jeremy

Even though I have gone away from shooting marbles recently in favor of 3/8 steel balls, for the price I may have to revisit marbles.

11. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I keep a whole variety of ammo on hand. I shoot a variety of different slingshots and certain types of ammo work well with certain shooters. I like having the variety available.

12. Jeremy

Good point sir.

13. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Found the site for 40% off on any single item from Michaels. They also have Baltic Birch Plywood. Cheers!

14. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

They do? The good stuff with like 13 layers for 3/4"? I never thought to look there, good find on that!

15. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

The Michael's here in Burnsville carries the good multiplex, but it's 1/2" and under. You can laminate a 1/2" and a 1/4" blank to make a 3/4" workpiece, but it's cheaper to buy larger sheets of 3/4" at Rockler and cut them down to appropriate sized blanks on a table saw.

16. Withak

Withak aka Whitehawk!

I stopped by Michael's yesterday and picked up (2) 12"x12"x1/2" baltic birch boards just to have some more on hand - I paid about $6 total with a coupon I had.

Rocklers looks like a good place to check out - I've never heard of them before - even with shipping, their prices on multiplex seem to be reasonable. I'm next going to check out Woodcrafters here in Portland, OR and see what they have available for Multiplex. Plus they carry exotics that would be nice additions for palm swells and caps. I need to add some more interesting wood to my repertoire. And this place turns out to only be about 2 miles from where I work, yet I've never seen it before. Probably better I don't go in there, only so much $$ to spend on projects ;)

17. coyote-1

coyote-1 Member

For general plinking, marbles are great. Cheap, and they hit targets as well as anything else.

Not sure I buy into the "practice with what you'll be shooting" concept. It's more important to learn to shoot consistently, and that can happen with any ammo.... and with a slingshot, 'any' ammo is just what you might be forced to use in a pinch.

18. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Went to Michaels to buy another bag using their weekly 40% coupon.
    Look what I found!
    [​IMG]

19. tivo532

tivo532 Junior Member

Bought 7 bags at $1.39ea!
    [​IMG]

20. buckshot500

buckshot500 Hoonigan Jeeper

I looked in the local Michael's today, but no marbles.

I did get a 1/2" birch-ply board and some weldwood glue.