The Slingshot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ich bin seit 30 Jahren Cutter für Film / Video, und wie alle in der Branche lässt mich der Unfall am Set von 'Rust' nicht los.
Es geht ja darum, so echt wie möglich zu wirken, mit Rückschlag der Waffe usw.
Habe jetzt nochmal den Shootout von John Wick (I) geguckt. Zwischen Minute
48:11 und 52:45. Das würde ich in der Postproduktion mit Flashes und Sound hinbekommen-
bis auf die 2 Takes, wo der Schlitten der Pistole (nah) repetiert.
Deshalb meine Frage: Geht so etwas auch mit Luftdruck Pistolen ?
Dann könnte man die gesamte Sequenz mit Luftdruck drehen, niemand wäre im
mindesten gefährdet.
Ihr kennt euch da aus....
Lieber Gruß
Uwe Klimmeck

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a film / video editor for 30 years, and like everyone in the industry, the accident on the set of 'Rust' has stuck with me.
It's about looking as real as possible, with the gun kicking back, etc.
Have now watched the shootout of John Wick (I) again. Between minute
48:11 and 52:45. I would manage that in post-production with flashes and sound-
except for the 2 takes where the slide of the pistol repeats (close).
Therefore my question: Can something like that also work with air pressure pistols?
Then you could shoot the entire sequence with air pressure, nobody would be in
at least endangered.
You know your way around ...
Warm wishes
Uwe Klimmeck
I'm not German, but from what I understood on the translation, it is highly possible to do it. You're referring to "blowback action". Air pistols and airsoft pistols with realistic recoils are already in the market to simulate the animation and slight feel of a real pistol. Advanced CGI and sound effects will do the cinematic addons later as you already know it. Sad that the Rust incident had happened due to poor safety standards on the set.

I have a collection of CO2 air pistols/revolvers by Crosman, Daisy, Powerline and even airsoft gas pistols back when I was young, but they are far from the feel of real firearms.The latest technology already breached the similarity of real to toy guns simulating blowback action/ recoil and gun animation.
Watch this Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Pistol Air gun Review and see if this what you are looking for.
I hope this helped pal (and YT video linking is allowed here in the forum.)

Ali Mendoza

·
Girls can't be ghostbusters :P
337 Posts
hollywood has special guns for filming that are capable of shooting only blanks.
this whole baldwin story is a bunch of bullshit.
with every other movie having 40+ guns in it, why does this not happen all the time?
because normally you would never allow a real firearm anywhere near a movie set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts