Lovely day...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tokSick, Aug 18, 2013.

1. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Hi all,
    Once again, we went to a jumble sale today and look what i' ve found.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I paid 1.30 euro for the marbles, 10 euro for the bow, two bags and the arrows( no heads).

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  2. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

10 euros for a composite bow???? I need to go tu that jumble sale!!! The cheaper you can find here would cost more than 300 euros!!

3. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

You have the best luck at these sales! Great purchases!

4. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

Wow...that was a lucky day ! I love jumble sales and fleamarkets

5. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Good old times in holland on koninginensdag lol my Dutch has already faded :eek: :( there were so many cheap things and we would always earn over 200 euros and shared it :) were you would sit down as early from 4 sometimes earlier and just sell stuff go eat ice cream and of course it was on the weakend ;) you could sometimes find stuff like that but higher price

J

6. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

I loved the big fleamarket in Amsterdam :)

7. xXdoomXx

I lived in amstelveen though nice woods I had once tried to make a sl ghost with the guide of the book for boys thing but yeah it did not work :p.

J

8. Schultz

Schultz New Member

Great Deal my Friend! :cool:
    Maybe you can use Screws that fit as Tips, and shape the Headsite.

9. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

The best way to buy things at those sales is to do it when it is almost finished and when the sellers are packing everything back. At that moment they are busy and tired of staying in the sun all day long. That' s the moment to make your move :D
    If i came two hours before i could buy two of them :(

Most of the time i come back with nothing esle than tons of books that my GF buy. Yesterday she found nothing interesting for her. I guess it was my turn for once. ;)

Same here, i can stay hours watching all the things people try to sell. It is sometimes incredible, sometimes funny,...
    It is a good way to socialize our dogs too. Walking between other people and dogs is a good thing to do.

10. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Got some work to do on the handle.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I know nothing about bows but i think it is made to hold with the right hand.
    [​IMG]
    Can someone tell?
    If so, i' ll have to fix that too.

11. Brazilviking

seems like a left handed bow, Tok! I mean, you must hold with the right and draw left.

12. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

So i guess i' ll have to dismount the central part, turn it upside down and mount it back. Right??

13. Brazilviking

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
    I dont know.... the cetral part is called riser. People use to make them frow wood....you can aways build one. All I know is that the space where the arrow goes is on the left, but should be on the right. If you manage to correct this with the inversion...

14. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

In the pic bellow you can see the central piece can be taken apart removing two screws. If i turn it upside down it should do the trick?! I just noticed that if i do so, i' ll have to switch the pulleys too...
    [​IMG]

15. xXdoomXx

I think that wood work lol

J

16. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

It won' t work if i reverse the middle part :mad:
    The strange thing is that the ergo of the handle is made for left hands :confused:

17. Brazilviking

Maybe you should try shooting this way first!

18. Brazilviking

I don't think that turning upside down turns right hand to left hand. The central part must be mirror shaped to change the hands!

19. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Exactly! I am gonna try to shoot the way it is.

20. Arturo Borquez

Arturo Borquez Administrator

tokSick, I am sorry but the risers are like hands, not interchangeable, about 15% archers are left handed (left eye dominant), of course you can learn to shoot left hand but maybe it will interfere with the slingshot as you shoot it right handed ...
    Cheers
    Arturo