LOVE me some Dankung tubes

Discussion in 'Conventional slingshots' started by Jeremy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

The following picture is the result of two shots with 3/8 steel balls from my Maxim banded with Dankung loop-tubes.

You may notice that the slit almost runs the entire length of can.

Attached Files:

2. beaverIII73

beaverIII73 Junior Member

It looks like your have lots of fun with your shooters. I so jealous. I hate the cold weather. I have had very few days where i can get out and really shoot. I get 5 shots max and the bands are done. And I don't like standing in the cold much myself lol. Its been below freezing more days in the last two months than I have ever seen. Except my trips to Antarctica. But I retire this year and I'm moving back home to Miami. So this should be my last cold winter.

3. Jeremy

I actually shoot inside into a catch box and either shoot in my garage (when both vehicles are out) or down a hallway without anything to breakable in it.

4. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Cool :) Ive just got some 1745 tubing and have no clue how to long to cut it! How long are your loops?

5. Jeremy

They are 6 5/8 inches long, or about 168.274 mm if I converted it correctly.

6. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Cool, is that total length or each 'side' of the loop? May sound a stupid question but I have no idea how to make tube sets!

I only really know about bands from Joergs calculator and working out the percentages for different strength bands. :eek:

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

Scoobs, My 1745 loops are 8 1/2in for a total length of 17in. This setup has an easier draw and plenty of power to cut cans. It shoots faster than my 1 1/2x1in tapered tbg.
    Forgot to add that you should use the strongest leather you can, doubled tubes can be hell on pouches.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. mvd

mvd Builds with scrap

I can feel with you, I have banded one of my Rambones with looped tubes and they got a good zip to them.

9. Jeremy

The length I mentioned is after they are tied. I got them from SimpleShot pre-made.

They do have a very nice zing to them, more power than my Scout and the bands I have on it right now. The damn thing punched a small hole in the back of my catch box today. Nothing a little duct tape won't fix. Guess I better add more padding behind my cans when I shoot my Maxim.

10. VWscooby

VWscooby Senior Member

Thank you Dolo and Jeremy, that gives me something to work with. Ill make sure I use a laminated pouch too. Im making a Slingring design with gypsy tabs to fire small-ish BBs with. (Maybe 5-6mm) Apart from a really cheap nasty chinese ebay special it will be my first time firing 'proper' looped tubes. It was seeing how much fun Jeremy had with his that decided me :)

11. Jeremy

After picking up the Maxim from FlippinOut and making sure it had Dankung style loop-tubes, I'm sold. I may even have to use loop-tubes on my Scout also, as soon as my other bands wear out.

12. dolomite

dolomite Banned

You should also try single tubes in butterfly, it's surprisingly effective.

13. kempey

kempey New Member

I have just started to shoot dankung tubes with my scout I find them more accurate than bands and more fun to shoot ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1401041593.396472.jpg ImageUploadedBySlingshot Forum1401041616.784399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Slingshot Forum

14. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member