looped thera tube?

Discussion in 'New project ideas' started by kohlqez, Feb 2, 2014.

1. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Has anyone ever tried making looped thera tube silver? I tried it The other day briefly and with no success. I wasn't trying too hard though, and I have a limited understanding of making looped handsets anyway so I was just wondering if anyone's tried it

2. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

Looped sets are one thing for the smaller dakung type sets.

For Theratube it is quite another matter. I have been experimenting with one long set of Thera tube red I have, but recently gave up on the looped and I'm just shooting them long.

3. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Really? I almost got it with my TTS, I would have thought red would be easier, what exactly were you doing to make the loops?

4. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

"looped Theratube Silver"...you mean like D O U B L E D Theratube Silver ???!!!

R E S P E C T !! That must be a colossal pull. I love it on my survival slingbow ...but singles...or at most with a slight pseudotaper

5. Ghosth

Ghosth Over the hill but still swinging!

I had a short piece of leftover tube a size larger, in green. So I was just using a constrictor knot to hold the tubes in place, then I'd slide a 1/2" piece of the green tube over the top of the knot to hold it all solid. Insert Needle nose pliers into the tubeing, then pull the handles apart, and plenty of spit lubrication works well.

6. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

It is quite impossible to pull double theratube silver.....and I'm a 1,85m tall guy with quite strong arms...

Maybe you can shoot once....and gete very tired after that.

7. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

single silver is quite enough for me !

8. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

I can pull it, I'm not doing full butterfly or anything, but I mean has anyone successfully looped thera tube of any color? I was thinking that might be a good option for the Magnum spy pistol or something like that

9. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

If by 'looped' you mean doubled then yes I have done that with Theratube Black though that is a fair pull in itself. If you can do that with Theratube Silver then you must be a weightlifter. I think even our mighty Joerg would be struggling to draw DOUBLED Theratube Silver ! (at least with the old stuff....I haven't tried the new version yet)

10. ruthiexxxx

ruthiexxxx ruthiexxxx

ah....momentito...are we talking about the same thing??! I am talking about standard slingshots and slingbows. Are you talking about cocking some sort of crossbow type thing? That would be another matter altogether.

11. kohlqez

kohlqez Accident-Prone

Both, I figure it would be good for cocking but now that I think about it, for regular slingshots I don't do anything that would require that kind of pull