Looking for a decent flat-band slingshot

Discussion in 'General Slingshot Discussions' started by Jeremy, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Jeremy

Jeremy Senior member who totally rocks a pink Scout! Pink

Hello everyone,

First off, I'm glad I came across the forum. After coming across Joerg's videos on YouTube channel, I have started doing some more research into slingshots.

I have a Trumark slingshot and I have ordered an HFX slingbow. I am looking for a decent flatband slingshot as well, but I am having a hard time finding manufacturers either in the United States, or that have an selling outlet in the US. I would prefer not to pay international shipping from manufacturers like Milbro. ;)

I am on a budget right now, but may be able to get a better one down the road. I would be okay spending more on a decent slingshot when funds are more readily available. I'm looking for a slingshot + bands for $50-$60.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you

2. Flipgun

Flipgun Well-Known Member

Flippinout Slingshots will fix you up.

3. Slagskimmer Mike

Slagskimmer Mike thinks TBG smells better than roses

+1. --one stop slingshot wonderstore

Also check out the less expensive polomer slings at Pocket Predator, for about $50 you'll have one for you and one for a friend to shoot. Ready to shoot, with ammo.

4. MaddyMax

MaddyMax New Member

5. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

Bem vindo, Jeremy (pearl jam song echoes in my head...)!
    I have a suggestion for a cheap slingshot! Build one! It is very funny (at least for me....). Find a branch, a nive fork, make it old school, classical on first! You only will have to buy the bands!

6. Moin moin:
    another idea:
    For $ 50, you get determines a used jigsaw and router, nice lease send a belt sander. This sandpaper, and already you hate a basic equipment.
    Believe me, a self-made, is something completely different than what carelessly made​​, and bought ....!

otherwise:
    A forked branch ......
    Handsaw and sandpaper, if necessary rasp! Does not cost $ 10 .....

alternative:
    Cast aluminum:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157634152266271/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

eine andere Idee:
    Für 50 Dollar, bekommt man bestimmt eine gebrauchte Stichsäge, und Oberfräse, schön währe auch ein Bandschleifer. Dazu Schleifpapier, und schon hasst du eine grundausstattung.
    Glaube mir, eine selbstgebaute, ist was ganz anderes, als was lieblos hergestelltes, und gekauftes....!!!

Ansonsten:
    Eine Astgabel......
    Handsäge, und Schleifpapier, notfalls Raspel! Kostet keine 10 Dollar.....

Alternativ:
    Aluguss:

7. dolomite

dolomite Banned

used jigsaw and palm sander, $50. Hardwood sample, $0. Making your first slingy the way you want it, priceless. Making your own bands is easy as well, theres plenty of how to vids. In my not so humble opinion as well as personal experience, moneys better spent buying supplies, better bang for your buck. btw, welcome aboard.:)

8. WPurcell

WPurcell New Member

9. xXdoomXx

xXdoomXx Junior threadjacker ag. J

Flipping out lol welcome to the forum :)

J

10. studer1972

studer1972 scooter trash

Pocket Predator's economy polymer line starts at $25. Comes with bands and ammo. I own a Ranger in the Polymer and the G10, both are fine shooters.

(middle of the page) http://www.pocketpredator.com/two.html

A+ and Gopher Slingshots both have $15 wood models. Flippinout/Simpleshot has an excellent reputation, so you can't go wrong with any of them. The nice thing about polymer (Pocket Predator & Flippinout/SimpleShot) and advanced laminates (Pocket Predator) is they they are near impossible to break with fork hits. You may or may not have trouble with fork hits, but it makes me wanna cry when I split a board cut or dent a beautiful wood custom with a fork hit. Save the fancy stuff for when you can shoot reliably, IMHO.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  11. Brazilviking

Brazilviking Thread Hijacker

I'm not proficient in english...but that didn't make any sense!

12. Will

Will Thread Hijacker

Again, we have failure to utilize proper punctuation causing issues. There is a wonderful little device, known as the 'comma,' which serves to break up thoughts within the same sentence.

13. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

You should find what you need in the links gaven from other members. I' ll add THIS ONE
    Even if you pay the chipping it wont be too expensive and those are all one of a kind.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  14. EyAlter

EyAlter New Member

Get a piece of hard scrap wood from a local carpenter for free plus a rasp (7€/10$) and sandpaper. You probably own a jigsaw.

15. tokSick

tokSick Senior Member

Some people don' t want to build a slingshot for some reasons. They are not able to do it, or they don' t have the apropriate place or tools, they don' t like making things, etc... If Jeremy posted this it is simply because he want to buy one, not make one i guess?!